Are you still rooted?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
googlenexusplayervsappletv.jpg

Updated my Nexus Player and ended up removing root. I prefer Google's lean back launcher, I have not found any reason to sideload apps anymore, and I quite frankly there was not enough development that made me want to continue the hassle. I manually updated to 5.1.1 yesterday and with Slingtv now available for the nexus player I'm good.

Curious to know if any of you with your nexus player still rooted?

And @chevycam94 how do you feel about your nexus player now, I know I asked your opinion about the nexus player before I purchased it back in February.

I updated & have remained stock, no root. It's nice to know I do have options if I wanted. But like you say, the stock launcher is fine & works for what I need it.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

I still have it. I just saw a couple minutes ago, that it just received TWRP. I was kind of waiting for that so I could flash test roms without worrying about killing the whole device. I plan on doing some improvements to it, and release a public ROM.

Also, starting my ROM on the LG G3. I'm trying to raise money for an LG G4. I'd like to upgrade, as well make a ROM for a current device. I know it will be worth it.

I still have it. I just saw a couple minutes ago, that it just received TWRP. I was kind of waiting for that so I could flash test roms without worrying about killing the whole device. I plan on doing some improvements to it, and release a public ROM.

Also, starting my ROM on the LG G3. I'm trying to raise money for an LG G4. I'd like to upgrade, as well make a ROM for a current device. I know it will be worth it.

May re-root to try your rom.

That didnt take long. Im rooted running lollirocks right now, ill be ready @chevycam94 .

College had my time all taken at the moment. When I get some spare time, I'll see what I can do.

College had my time all taken at the moment. When I get some spare time, I'll see what I can do.

No rush..

Get the school done that is important. I am enjoying lollirocks right now.

Back