Audible touch tone stopped working?

Twoo

Reaction score
I went to dial a number a few minutes ago and instead of making the audible tone tone noises it vibrated. I checked and I have audible touch tones selected, all my volumes are up but I can't figure out why it's doing this. I powered down and pulled the battery, restarted and still...

I know it's petty, but it is going to drive me nuts not having audible touch tones when making a phone call. It also does not make any sounds when I activate the dialpad during a phone call, which it did before.

UGH. Any ideas?

Unfortunately that thread does not answer the question =/

I noticed this a couple of times. I got the AudioManager Console and started checking. My Music volume was turned way down. I remembered I had been listening to something and had to turn it down to hear something.

So in short I turned up the music volume and noticed my audible clicks could be heard again. So they are tied to the music volume, not the ringer volume.

App Solution

I had this same problem with losing my phone touch tones when dialing. I downloaded an application called Quick Settings which allowed me to adjust the system volume controls and I was able to get the touch tones back.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Back