Bakround data

thunderbolt4glte256

Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently got my thunderbolt and was wondering two things. First, is it possible to automaticly sync just one or two apps instead of all of them? And second, can i move my photos and music to my sd card?
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T

thunderbolt4glte256

Reaction score
Also, if i have backround data on but not auto sync, gmail will still recieve emails automatically correct?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently got my thunderbolt and was wondering two things. First, is it possible to automaticly sync just one or two apps instead of all of them? And second, can i move my photos and music to my sd card?
Thanks

no it isnt possible...you can uninstall anything you dont want that it syncs

all photos and music is already on your sd card...your phone is accessing it from there

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, if i have backround data on but not auto sync, gmail will still recieve emails automatically correct?

i dont think so since you turned off sync...i have not tested that particular aspect though

i know in accounts and sync you can manually sync gmail by hitting the sync now button if you do choose to turn it off

OP
T

thunderbolt4glte256

Reaction score
I might have to test it out.... I think it might.

leo67

Reaction score
Have BGD off..... A Sync off ...... open the mail folder and within a second or 2, notification comes in saying X amount of unread mail.... so I believe it syncs itself as you open the folder

Last edited:

johnd09

Reaction score
Under accounts and sync, if you have background data and auto sync on, you will notice that different system apps are listed below. Everyone of them with the green circle beside it is set to auto sync. If you open them you will have the option to autosync or not. Turn off the ones you don't need, it really helped my battery, not as much as juice defender, but it made me start getting through the day. Apps other than the ones listed will have to be done in their own menus.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!