Battery draining on root...

cadre.9

Reaction score
Ever since I rooted my DX the battery drains faster than a frat-house keg. I have the Liberty Rom with GO Launcher EX. I fully discharged my battery, then charged it to 100% and did a calibration; I changed the JuiceDefender setting from 'balanced' to 'aggressive', all to no avail. I charge the battery overnight and, each morning, by the time I check the sports scores, weather and Facebook (about 30 minutes or so) the battery has gone from 99% to about 84, 85%. If I don't charge it a couple of times during the day it'll be dead by dinner-time.

It wasn't this bad pre-root. Any idea what can be causing this?

Have you tried rebooting into recovery and wiping the cache partition?

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

I wiped the cache yesterday and I'm monitoring the battery. It doesn't seem to be draining quite as quickly but it still seems to discharge more rapidly than pre-root.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Ever since I rooted my DX the battery drains faster than a frat-house keg. I have the Liberty Rom with GO Launcher EX. I fully discharged my battery, then charged it to 100% and did a calibration; I changed the JuiceDefender setting from 'balanced' to 'aggressive', all to no avail. I charge the battery overnight and, each morning, by the time I check the sports scores, weather and Facebook (about 30 minutes or so) the battery has gone from 99% to about 84, 85%. If I don't charge it a couple of times during the day it'll be dead by dinner-time.

It wasn't this bad pre-root. Any idea what can be causing this?

What are the top processes under Battery Usage?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Back