Body Glove or Amzer Cases?

Akita

Reaction score
I have a Body Glove case for my LG Dare that has saved the phone from being scraped up big time(although, it did take small chunks off the case with it in the process). One thing I might add as a con for Body Glove cases is that they can be rather difficult to take apart(i have to use a flathead screwdriver to pry mine off)For those that have Body Glove & Amzer cases, how would you compare them to the Amzer cases(rubberized snap on) in terms of sturdyness, durability, and ease of removing it from the phone? Thanks!dancedroid

Last edited:

mtnman64

Reaction score
Don't know about the Amzer cases, but LOVE the Body Glove. Used it on past phone, now have it on Droid X. I never use the belt clip. I have found that with the Glove on the X, using the Side Case from Verizon, I can get the phone in & out fairly well. It took a couple of days of letting the Side Case stretch out, but it has been worth it. Get the protection of the Body Glove, the convenience of the side case protecting the phone on my hip.

I also just received the Best Skins Ever for Droid X. I like it. Seems to work well. Haven't put the Body Glove back on, so not sure if the two will be compatible

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying. Hopefully, we'll get more people to chime in. I saw the Body Glove case in person the other day while nosing around @ Verizon and cant help but notice it kinda bulks up the phone. However, its quite obvious it will protect the X from any impending drops within reasonable distance and I like the grip it provides too.

Just to add more to my indecisiveness, I'm also thinking about the Verizon or Amzer leather case(with the built in kickstand). They look identical with the Amzer costing less(but the $5 shipping isn't so hot) while I get a discount from Verizon and it would be 2nd/Overnight deliver for free.

Currently using the SGP Steiheil Ultra Crystal screen protector and its living up to the hype

mtnman64

Reaction score
Yeah, the vzw discount is nice. with 25% off and their one year warranty on accessories, I will usually look there first.

I tried the leather/kickstand vzw case, but did not like it. Felt much to slippery in my hands, but that could just be me. I seem to have that issue with a lot of cases, which is one reason I like the Body Glove so much. I also have the TPU Black case from vzw. Size is good, but again, sometimes feels too slippery. Using the generic window mount rather than the car dock, but not on the windshield. Rather, I have it suctioned to an old Garmin disc taped with VHB tape on my dashboard. This seems to work out best no matter what case I use, and I can do portrait or landscape with the phone.

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
yeah i dont see the point in buying the "premium" dock they have @ Verizon as you can download Dock Simulator to achieve the same thing while using the regular mount.

Good to know that the leather case is a bit slippery. that puts me right back to my original predicament. lol

Last edited:

mtnman64

Reaction score
Well, I am back to the Body Glove case. Yes, it adds bulk but the grip (so far) cannot be beat. And it still fits in my side pouch.

Maybe when Seidio comes out with the Innocase II, I might give it a try. Never used them before; hoping the slimmer form factor will have a better grip that the other slim options.

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
I have a Body Glove case for my LG Dare that has saved the phone from being scraped up big time(although, it did take small chunks off the case with it in the process). One thing I might add as a con for Body Glove cases is that they can be rather difficult to take apart

I hated that with my Droid too (it actually nicked up the sides from pulling it on and off)... not to mention that the Body Glove case made it the size of a brick... I'm using VZW's high gloss black rubber case now.. I'm digging it so far..

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
yeah i dont see the point in buying the "premium" dock they have @ Verizon as you can download Dock Simulator to achieve the same thing while using the regular mount.

Good to know that the leather case is a bit slippery. that puts me right back to my original predicament. lol

You can also strategically "attach" a magnet to a standard dock and have it perform automatically the same as the VZW dock... I did it with my droid, and will do it with the DX as well.. I'll post pics and instructions once I have time..

Reaction score
I would personally wait for the Seidio cases. They are incredible! Add grip but not bulk. Had one on my storm and already pre-ordered one for my dx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
I would personally wait for the Seidio cases. They are incredible! Add grip but not bulk. Had one on my storm and already pre-ordered one for my dx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
$30-50 is a bit steep, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Body Glove.

cincycats51

Reaction score
I have the amzer case...and I need to find out a way to shrink it a tad...it just doesn't seem to fit snug on the phone.

OP
A

Akita

Reaction score
Ended up getting the "carbon fiber" silicone case @ verizon. Didn't feel like ordering a case and the body glove is way too bulky. My wife has the same exact kind of case for her lg env2& after a year it starts to rub off & peel. I can post pics if anybody wants.Although this carbon fiber case isn't as rigid I think it will workout ok

Last edited:

wprocter

Reaction score
I bought the leather hard snap on case from Amzer. It is fantastic. It fits tight and looks nice. The kickstand is particularly great. I looked for a case like this for my D1 to no avail (hated the bodyglove case w/ kickstand).

This case feels a bit more smooth than the rubberized native back on the DX. It doesn't feel bad, just different.

I've got larger hands and fingers and pressing the camera button is the only button where access is a bit different and I have to pay attention to whether or not I've actually pressed it. For smaller (normal) sized fingers, this probably won't be an issue.

I also grabbed an Amzer super clear screen protector. This is my first screen protector, so the jury is still out. It does fit perfectly on the glass covering it all.

antnyh

Reaction score
I got the body glove yesterday after returning the dreadful cover case that Verizon has. One tip...put the belt clip on and it acts just like a kickstand. I can post a pic if you'd like.