Bootloader unlocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyMiC

Reaction score
Wow. There seems to be a lot of speculation here. I just jumped on the Droid X bandwagon not even a week ago. Not too different from my OG Droid. But yeah, I'm excited to see what comes of this.

I'm lucky to have gotten my Droid X for 125 bucks from some chick who didn't like it because it was too complicated for her. HAHAHA! She went back to an eNV2!

I'm eligible for a discounted upgrade from Verizon right now, and my full upgrade comes in October. I got the Droid X now because I want the speed, and I'm telling you, I love it. Rooted, OCed at 1.15 right now. Quadrant BM is hitting 1600 and beyond. Launcher Pro only redraws after using the Camcorder. *sighs* It's like a dream come true.

I might stick with my Droid X for awhile. I really was looking forward to the Bionic. But the more and more I read, it just seems like a bad choice until a lot of stuff gets sorted out for us Rommers.

I may just be a Junior Droid, but that's only because I don't post very often. I lurk though. I lurk a lot. And lurking has brought me here.

You devs are awesome. And I'm sure that somebody out there is going to find a way to get this bootloader unlocked and give us the freedom with our DXs that we should of had in the first place.

Land of the Free? My ass.

pandabear

Reaction score
Damm really? I just received my Thunderbolt today...
If this is true, I might consider returning it to save my upgrade for the Droid 3/Targa

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
For those not following FreeMyMoto on Twitter, a couple of interesting tweets in the last hour:

FreeMyMoto
I've been using the wrong terminology. What @nenolod posted were "fingerprints", not "signatures". My apologies. 38 minutes ago

FreeMyMoto
@Soy_Filipo Perhaps my key analogy was bad. It's more like he gave us the riddle to find the keys. 51 minutes ago

Yeah those tweets make me feel like nothing will come of this (but this stuff if way over my head) I'm hoping the last 7-9 months of my DX's life b4 upgrade will be completely free

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Another tweet:
"FreeMyMoto: "Fingerprint" vs "Signature" only means the fact that it's 240-bit makes sense. That's not bad news, folks. My oops just caused confusion."

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

drewlamo1

Reaction score
just a shot in the dark and speculation but i think the formula works for the milestone so they are tryin to adjust all the variables to get it to work on the DX.
basically moto used same formula on each with different variables?

if im even remotely close on that lol , it means we still got a long wait before even knowing if it will work.
hard to relax indeed though waiting for this news lmfao

edit: damn birdman saying cant replicate with info given . not lookin good all of a sudden

jbrock98

Reaction score
birdman tweets calling this BS so that about kills all excitement

Sent from my DROIDX

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Oh well, guess I won't be wasting money on an X after all. Such a letdown.

pkbest

Reaction score
sorry gentlemen.. looks like no more bootloader unlocked. I myself, even after doing the math and finding MOST of it correct and the theory itself being plausible, am calling B.S. as well. I have heard this guy is not very trustworthy, and tbh, i think he is just trolling. If you follow his twitter, you can find a comment from way back saying something the long the lines of when i get drunk I tend to have fun and troll... definitely not word 4 word.. but you catch the drift.

*Unfollowing*

Status
Not open for further replies.