Can anyone help me on my driod i forgot my password to my google mail and its locked

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cannot access my account - Gmail Help

If you can't work it out from there, you will have to set up a new account. You will lose all your apps.

If that does happen please remember in the future that this is a Google phone and everything revolves around Google and Gmail.

Hook, if he creates a new gmail and the phone is locked dosnt he need the username and password that was attached to the phone originally anyway? Or could you just sign in with a newly created one?

He can create a new account and use it, no problems. He'll lose his paid apps, but that's just how things go.

OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
i thought i would never use it but i guess that bite me in the butt

bje1982

Reaction score

If you can't work it out from there, you will have to set up a new account. You will lose all your apps.

If that does happen please remember in the future that this is a Google phone and everything revolves around Google and Gmail.

Hook, if he creates a new gmail and the phone is locked dosnt he need the username and password that was attached to the phone originally anyway? Or could you just sign in with a newly created one?

He can create a new account and use it, no problems. He'll lose his paid apps, but that's just how things go.

Well thats no security if you ask me lol I could steal your phone and all I have to do to access all of your info is basically sign into any gmail account? All his info would still be on the phone and would end up syncing to the new gmail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

No, it would be just like getting a new phone. He creates a new gmail account and password, enters the gmail account and a message will pop up warning him that the phone will do a factory data reset. He proceeds, the phone resets and that's his new account. He loses everything.

I imagine he would also have to reprogram the phone as well. The ESN is tied into the phone number.

OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
ive tryed to put my gmail in there and it doesnt work still

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another thing, you're going to lose all your contacts without that gmail address.

So any important numbers that are on there now, you may want to hand right them down. Because they won't be there after the phone resets.

OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
i went to google and made an account and then tryed it on my phone to unlock it but it says its invaild

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ive tryed to put my gmail in there and it doesnt work still

Your gmail password is the same as your google password. if it didn't work you either used the wrong gmail, wrong password, or you've tried so often that you're locked out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i went to google and made an account and then tryed it on my phone to unlock it but it says its invaild

Go to your settings/privacy/factory data reset. That will start everything all over for your.