Can't get text messaging apps to open after update

Same issue here. The circular loading icon is there and animated but nothing ever comes up

Go into apps
Hit the menu key & select manage apps
Scroll to the text app giving you problems & clear the cache & data.
It should work after that.
The camera app on my wife's phone would not open & this is what fixed it.

Some of the data seems to be getting corrupted in the update process for some apps & people.

Go into apps
Hit the menu key & select manage apps
Scroll to the text app giving you problems & clear the cache & data.
It should work after that.
The camera app on my wife's phone would not open & this is what fixed it.

Some of the data seems to be getting corrupted in the update process for some apps & people.

i tried that this morning but the clear cache and data was greyed out. what worked for me was disabling the stock text messaging app (from that same menu), and then re-enabling it. after i did this, all my texts loaded

shadowsjc said:
i tried that this morning but the clear cache and data was greyed out. what worked for me was disabling the stock text messaging app (from that same menu), and then re-enabling it. after i did this, all my texts loaded

I wish I would have known this beforehand. I ended up doing a factory reset.

I can't get my Handcent to open since the update. I've tried the above suggestions, but it still won't move past a black screen. I eventually get a message asking me if I would like to wait or end...

try restarting the phone a few times, my phone was sluggish as hell this morning after i installed ICS. facebook, home screen, texts - everything kept freezing and it said "would you like to wait or close"? i also didn't have data until i restarted once.

after restarting a few times, try to disable / re-enable the stock text messaging app from the app settings menu

Gudasau said:
I can't get my Handcent to open since the update. I've tried the above suggestions, but it still won't move past a black screen. I eventually get a message asking me if I would like to wait or end...

From the views on the handcent page on the Google Play Store, handcent doesn't seem to work well if at all on the Bionic with ICS.

if its any consolation, absolutely nothing has worked for me. i REALLY dont wanna do a factory reset. this is my first time in this forum and my first issue with the bionic. i am not a fan of ICS so far. can anyone help me get my text apps to work? any text app?!

I wish I would have known this beforehand. I ended up doing a factory reset.

So, i have tried disabling/reenabling, and forcing stop in different combinations multiple times. didnt wanna clear the data all the way... yet. i disabled the text app and rebooted the phone. Now, the app doesnt even exist! how can i get just the standard text app back without a factory reset? please help.

try restarting the phone a few times, my phone was sluggish as hell this morning after i installed ICS. facebook, home screen, texts - everything kept freezing and it said "would you like to wait or close"? i also didn't have data until i restarted once.

after restarting a few times, try to disable / re-enable the stock text messaging app from the app settings menu

i think you have to scroll all the way down to the end of the list (once you disable the app gets moved to the end)

I suggest you do a system memory cache clean (power, volume up&down button all together thing). If it doesn't work, try re-installing those applications after uninstalling them.

I had the same problem (both with the stock and Handset). I opened the messaging app and let the phone sit idle for about 15 minutes and then both apps opened. If you are a heavy texter it could take much longer.

Im in this sinking boat as well. Can't get texts to open at all, doesn't even say Im receiving them. Disabled, enabled, cleared system and app cache.. slowly losing me marbles

Back