Car Charger

jon.ritter

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for a few months and picked up a new car charger when I got the phone. All of a sudden today car charging is very sporadic. If I wiggle the connection it works. Home charger works great but won't cut it due to my heave use. What can I do to fix the car charger? My last two android/Verizon experiences have not been great and if I have to fork out 30.00 every few months for a new car charger its just another big strike.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Wow, I'm having the exact same issue, down to the home charger working fine too. I noticed it started happening when I installed the leaked gingerbread (before I rooted and had stock it worked fine) but when I was using the liberty rom, it never happened. So I'm curious if it has to do with the software...

If it's a verizon branded charger, that's your problem. Mine does the same thing. My motorola charger works fine.

If it's a verizon branded charger, that's your problem. Mine does the same thing. My motorola charger works fine.

Ahh, interesting. That's my scenario too. Moto home charger, Verizon car charger.

Hmmm...

I had the same issue but with a verizon home charger, not sure where it came from buy doesnt work unless I wrap the power cord around my device several times.

Swyped from my Elite Droid!

Wow, I'm having the exact same issue, down to the home charger working fine too. I noticed it started happening when I installed the leaked gingerbread (before I rooted and had stock it worked fine) but when I was using the liberty rom, it never happened. So I'm curious if it has to do with the software...

Im not rooted but it looks like a common problem. I guess its time for a Verizon call.

Glad to know im not the only one. I thought my phone's charging port was going to heck. My fix: Grab the pliers and pinch the charger end together a little bit. Fits nice and tight and always charging.

Which car charger are you using for your Motorola Droid Turbo?

I haven't used one yet, was told when I got the Turbo I could use the same one I had for the MAXX HD. I use the MAXX HD wall charger with the Turbo too. I think I used the Turbo's turbo once when I first got the phone.

Exchanged 32 gig for 64 today and charged with USB in my GMC truck on way home.

Haven't bought one yet. But I know the one that is still in use from my Droid X does not work with the Turbo. Plug it in and it is not recognizes. Says not charging. I think I am gonna spring for the Turbo charger since it is only $5 more than the standard Moto charger.

Same ones I have used for a couple years with my RAZR Maxx and Moto X. I have four vehicles and keep a car charger in each. One is a Motorola Rapid Rate Charger. Another is a Verizon S20-Pin Dual Vehicle Power Charger with USB Port. Another is a Sprint branded charger previously used with a Blackberry. The fourth is a brand I don't recall. All four of them work fine with the DT.

Have any of you tried the Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder CR-200? The Verizon site says it is compatible with the DT. Am wondering how well it holds it and how secure it is on the dash?

Back