coming to fascinate from D1

yummylishouz

Reaction score
soo i decided to do my upgrade and went with the fascinate cause its a beautiful phone.. only im so used to all the choices i had for roms/themes etc from the D1 thread that im a little worried i wont enjoy my fascinate as much.. especially because it doesnt even have froyo yet? i saw the new thread for the leaked froyo.. but not many responses yet. anyone else switch from a D1? what are you opinions on the fascinate? can i see some screen shots of anyone whos rooted and changed things up? thanks in advance!

Rsswga

Reaction score
i came from a d1 last week..Im running froyo..eb01..love it no regrets..
my wife got my d1..i still play with the roms and themes

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
thanks! i appreciate the feedback.. im also a little concerned with the no LED notifications.. i like being able to look for a light to see if i have a message.. i know. .these are all small petty things.. but things i dont know if ill be able to deal with lol i guess we will see! i have 14 days to exchange.. i guess.

Rsswga

Reaction score
no led...no problem..

its really not that much trouble to just pick your phone up..
volume or vibrate ??
im glad i got the fascinate...beautiful

hoppermi

Reaction score
I upgraded from a D1 two weeks ago, no regrets. Don't let the number of responses to a particular thread dissuade you. There are many who have made the same move. The Fascinate community is spread out a little more than the Droid one. Lots of users on XDA and Android Central, too. TAPOUT does a great job of bringing content to our forum here so you don't have to go looking for it on poorly organized forums.

Love this phone, battery life isn't as good as the Droid, but with the larger/brighter screen I knew it would be the case. I have a backup battery on the way $13 on amazon.:)

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
i guess i can deal with the no LED. i havent actually gotten the phone yet. it should be at my house either tomorrow or tuesday. im just so picky and i can never make up my mind. i had ordered the iphone.. then cancelled cause i knew id like android better.. and then i couldnt decide which droid to get.. or if i should have waited for the new one that comes out next week.

stuckonashelf

Reaction score
im also about to switch from d1 to the fascinate. so what is the best rom available right now? and are there any good mods/>

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
i personally would like to see project elite for the fascinate.. im using that on my D1 and its fast and smooth, and very customizable. but thats clearly not a choice.

Rsswga

Reaction score
i guess i can deal with the no LED. i havent actually gotten the phone yet. it should be at my house either tomorrow or tuesday. im just so picky and i can never make up my mind. i had ordered the iphone.. then cancelled cause i knew id like android better.. and then i couldnt decide which droid to get.. or if i should have waited for the new one that comes out next week.

i knew froyo was fixing to be on fascinate, thats why i got it..so much more development to come with this phone..its fast with the voodooo kernel, even not overclocked...im not running setcpu even...i love the samsung keyboard that comes with the phone, and the camera takes awesome pictures...low light is not a problem like the droid..

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
so you're not missing the D1 at all? hmm. interesting. I hope to see a lot more for this phone. im looking forward to getting My hands on it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score
so you're not missing the D1 at all? hmm. interesting. I hope to see a lot more for this phone. im looking forward to getting My hands on it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Not really. The fascinate is much faster, no overclock needed. The bigger screen is much easier for my large hands. I never used the slide out keyboard anyway.
Sent from my voodoo froyo

collinjm01

Reaction score
im in the same boat. switched from D1 to Fascinate, and i was also leery about the Fascinate after i got it. It took a while for me to figure out the rooting process and roming process, cuz as you know, its much more in depth than the D1. im currently running a customized DL30 ROM and i love it! Got one question for the ppl running The EB01...whats the difference? is It worth switching to that?