Configuring EVDO parameters on D2G

http://db.tt/n9Q25vw

Try those drivers. You will have to force windows to load them by pointing to the directory where they are on your PC.

Radiocom doesn't need you to put the phone in Diag mode. Just use PC mode from the USB drop menu and it should see the phone.

Great. Now radiocomm sees the phone (green light) in the normal mode.

If to work with QPST these fields are called:
1. PPP Settings -> Um -> PPP Authentication -> User ID
2. PPP Settings -> Um -> PPP Authentication -> Password
3. PPP Settings -> AN -> PPP Authentication -> User ID
4. PPP Settings -> AN -> PPP Authentication -> Password

what are addresses of these fields?

Last edited:
CZ, thanks for these drivers. QPST 355 has written my parameters without any errors.

But. after phone restart - everything coming back to the initial values. :(
(if to belive what QPST service programming "read phone" is telling)

seems I have to come back to the radiocomm scenario.

Trying radiocomm - i've managed how to change these NV items. Thank you!

But I still need to know the address of NV item for the password

Last edited:
connecting to evdo looks like a mojor problem, hope someone good helps :blackdroid:

to set up EVDO i need to change following fields:
HDR AN AUTH User Id (LONG):
HDR AN AUTH Password (LONG): - ecpecially this field is important!!!

PPP USER ID:
PPP PASSWORD:

if to use radiocomm to change NV fields, what are parameters?

Last edited:
Ok. what's important - QPST can't read these passwords from NV. It always shows blank fields (due to security) but password is storied!!!

Today I finally found the way to solve my problem with PPP authentication. For some reasons, D2G uses password not from AN tab in QPST, but from Um tab.
So I wrote my AN password to Um tab and everything began to work.

I think this workaround can be useful only for carriers that use very simple method of authentication (like mine). But anyway, this is the difference with the approach that was used for Droid one.

Thanks a lot to CellZealot for his help!!!
CZ, QXDM that you've sent to me was VERY helpful to analyse PPP logs.

Nice job! I love it when you point people in the right direction and they figure things out for themselves.

Congrats!! :)

Details?

Hi,
I am trying to edit the NVM/seems on my D2G and I can't for the life of me figure out how. Could you detail how you were able to edit the NVM? I have some experience with radiocomm since I did some v3m (vzw razr with microSD slot) way back in the day but it has been a while. (I found the most recent version of radiocomm, I will give this a shot myself but I might be back)

Thanks,
Oliver

Last edited:
NV Editing

Well originally I wanted to manually do the tbh 3g hack, then I found the supposed uncapped data seem edit and executed that. Right now I would really just like to learn more about radiocomm and radio settings and such to the point where I am not just following tutorials but discovering some of these seem edits as well as gaining a better understanding of how the radios in the phone actually work. If you know of anywhere that I can learn more about the technical details I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Oliver

Thank you both CellZealot and Soladzur!!!
finally get data connection, even it's only 1X. Service programming is partial completed,I need to get 3G evdo connection with my carrier( iusacell in Mexico ), but I found now D2G still reverse one seting, PPP->AN, where username should be MEID(HEX)@iusabam.com, however, D2G always reverse MEID(HEX) to MDN.
any idea, please?
thanks.

Back