Couple of questions about busybox

tktouch12

Reaction score
1) how do I know if I have it installed?
2) what exactly does it do?/ why do I need it?
3) if I don't have it installed, how can I do that onto my rooted 2.0.1 droid If I have sprecovery installed? Busybox won't do anythig to sprecovery will it? (idk why it would, but most things I've read install busybox first so just checking)

thanks

sorry, but no help? i know these are simple questions, but i need busybox before i can use metamorph.
im mostly wondering about #3. i'm pretty positive i dont have it

1) how do I know if I have it installed?

Hey did you ever figure this out? Im not sure if i installed it correctly becuase I still cant get metamorph to work.

Edit: K I did have it installed, finally got a theme to work..thanks guys

Last edited:
EDIT: if you have busybox installed look in /system/xbin/ if you have busybox it will be in your /system/xbin/busybox

Bastosero were you able to get Busybox installed?

-=Jason=-

I think so. After I clicked the "Mount System read/write" and then "Install busybox" buttons, it gave me this pop up box...

"Busybox installed to /system/bin and symlinked you may now just use the cp to copy items instead of busybox cp..."

I'm asumming that's all I needed to do to install it, right? Then, I went ahead and installed Metamorph from the app market. Metamorph didn't give me any problems since you needed busybox to use it with, so I think I got busybox to install. Did I have to do anything else after that pop up came up on installing busybox? Also, do I just leave it at when I clicked the "Mount System read/write"?

Back