Create text messages from voice?

Big Lou

Reaction score
Is there an app that allows you to create text messages using your voice? I know that sounds kind of dumb, but often times I'd like to safely reply to text messages while driving--times when a phone call is impossible because the other person can't currently speak.

Xerozix

Reaction score
The reason why there is no app like that, is because voice recognition is not 100% accurate yet.

mad3963

Reaction score
Also an app in the Market called Voice Text.

OP
Big Lou

Big Lou

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. Do either of those apps integrate with the default messaging app?

mad3963

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. Do either of those apps integrate with the default messaging app?

Handcent SMS is a replacement for the default messaging app and is very good. I use it myself, forgot it had the voice feature. LOL
Highly recommend Handcent SMS.

Have not used Voice Text, but based on the description and comments in the Market, it does not appear to integrate with the default messaging app.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Handcent voice text is pretty good. Also Handcent will allow you to send/receive MMS... and you can save MMS as well. It's a huge improvement over the stock messaging... go with Handcent... you'll be happy :)

suzukimethod

Reaction score
handcent!!!

voice reply! I discovered it by accident?
me: "what's this microphone icon under the text message popup"
{presses button}
me: "whooah!!!! awesome"

samiusmc

Reaction score
Handcent rocks! It does voice plus it far superior to the native texting app. I highly recommended it and best of all, it's free.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I use handcent as well!! No complaints ;) completely forgot bout the voice LOL as soon as I read this thread I tried it! Works perfectly!

segen77

Reaction score
I used the voice option today in handcent to see what my lab was saying when I would get him all rawled up. Apparently he's hungry and horny, because it kept recognizing his growls as nude and food. LOL

You should try it on your dogs it's pretty entertaining.

romanrish

Reaction score
Alternative is the "talk to text keyboard". Best 99cent I spent i n the market allows u to use voice to textanywhere that you can input text.

OP
Big Lou

Big Lou

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I shall give Handcent a try!