[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Which build are you trying, 2/19 or 2/19r1? I know the first one didnt have data and cant remember if ever got confirmation of it working on r1.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Very nice! Bit laggier than other roms, but if u let it run for a while, it gets a bit better :)

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

Abs

Reaction score
Which build are you trying, 2/19 or 2/19r1? I know the first one didnt have data and cant remember if ever got confirmation of it working on r1.

That was it!! I had flashed 2/19 and my data wouldn't work. I just flashed the r1 build and everythings working great. Thanks a ton for the support!! This ROM is amazing even in beta

Sent from my Droid2 using DroidForums

fishaholic

Reaction score
(Should work, please confirm)
  • Wifi WORKS
  • CDMA radio (all aspects of it: calls, texts, data) (calls may be muted Works calls seem fine
  • sensors BACKLIGHT ONLY WORKS ON AUTO BRIGHTNESS BUT WORKS
  • GPS works but seems a little off at times
  • Audio (including voice commands) didnt even check lol
  • USB WORKS
  • SD card WORKS
  • 2D & 3D HW acceleration UNCLEAR TO WHAT YOU MEAN
  • DSP Manager DIDNT NOTICE AND FC BUT DIDNT TRY EITHER
  • 1% battery WORKS
  • Charging WORKS
  • adb DIDNT TRY
  • Bluetooth DIDNT TRY
What does not work:
  • Camera TRIED REPLACING APK WITH STOCK AND STILL WOULD NOT WORK
  • Youtube on low quality (turn on High Quality instead. No idea why but it works)
  • charge only mode (if you plug in while off it boots all the way up)
  • NetFlix
  • flash (?)
  • Chrome
Also noticed that there is no music player, is that in the works?

Great rom i LOOOOOVE the UI and its a amazing start! cant wait till the kinks get worked out!!

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
New build in OP.

Fixed Sanity check for battery.
Not sure if any of the other changes affect you guys. When I updated my frameworks repo to the main CM branch I unmerged a bunch of the changes that Hashcode had put into his frameworks. This puts them back in.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
thank you yet again for this!

I do not fully understand how or why but on this latest buils, all my market apps are restoring automatically, hopefully this will help with the previous TiBu issues I had with faulty restored data/apps.

When I first turned on and tried to sync my acct it took a few tries, it seems to respond much easier via android keyboard in portrait, the actual qwerty kept freezing for me.

update:

Man I don't understand what I am doing wrong then, if everyone else doesn't have repeated FC and srs lag/random reboots. I flashed latest build, wiped data and everything, did not use TiBu, let every app update from the market, and still this thing is not usable as a daily for me.

In my noobishness I thought that since this was based on GB that I could use JBM and all would be right in the world... flashing JBM 18 or 19e results in lots of drama, more FC's etc. It still booted and ran (somewhat) but I was unable to overclock or undervolt, or get a diff gov to stick. I tried jrummy's overclock app too, first time using it since froyo I believe, and that was unable to overclock/undervolt or change get gov to stick either... would love to be able to help in any way I can to get this to work but for the next 24 hrs I need to retreat to cm7
tongue3.png

loki993

Reaction score
Ok so I just flashed and I get the google screen and then nothing, no blue light. How do I get back into recovery?

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
if you are unable to get to reg your google acct, I would suggest booting into stock recovery ( hold "x" when turning on) and trying to wipe data in hopes that the flash went ok, and you will be able to try again, this is why I always enable boot to recovry from JBM, because in these situations it can really help!

I guess worse case scenario if you can't get into cwm @ all you could just SBF :(

loki993

Reaction score
if you are unable to get to reg your google acct, I would suggest booting into stock recovery ( hold "x" when turning on) and trying to wipe data in hopes that the flash went ok, and you will be able to try again, this is why I always enable boot to recovry from JBM, because in these situations it can really help!

I guess worse case scenario if you can't get into cwm @ all you could just SBF :(

Yeah that didn't work. Had to SBF and all is fine now. It probably needed it anyway so no big deal.

Whats JBM?

joeblow789

Reaction score
...Whats JBM?
Jakebitesmods, a collection of bundled tweaks, flashable through Clockworkmod, configurable through Terminal. There are many different versions for different phones, I'd suggest checking rootzwiki to see if one is compatible with this ROM.

T3viin

Reaction score
I absoulutly Love it. :).
It runs much smoother with out the appeared taps or touches if enabled.
With no camera thres no camera plus the movie app with cause a reboot when u make a new project.
My 3G Works fine even better then before if u ask me.
Would Liike to know if theres a kernal with this so I may use Andriod overclock to get some juice left in this..
Youtube Widget likes to lag.
I just plugged my phone for usb storage to transfer some tones in. I tranfered but after i took the cord out it lagged, then rebooted.
Honestly other then the camera not working its a great start and proof that ICS can run fine on droid 2 ._.
God Its so beautiful... lol
Live wallpapers are fine.ther than that,thats all i have for now since i flashed it about maybr 4 hours ago. will come back with more info on batttery accuratly later

loki993

Reaction score
Jakebitesmods, a collection of bundled tweaks, flashable through Clockworkmod, configurable through Terminal. There are many different versions for different phones, I'd suggest checking rootzwiki to see if one is compatible with this ROM.

Yes Im familiar, I guess I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. I've used it before but for whatever reason my phone seems to hate it. It always runs worse when I flash it.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
New build in OP.

Should have working charge only mode and FM radio. Please confirm that FM works. Dont my D2G doesnt have the fm radio in it and X wont be here until Monday or Tuesday.