daemon running successfully then NOTHING?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I got to the point where daemon running successfully but then its nothing. What am I doing wrong I waited 20 minutes and it did nothing. When I am in Fast boot is there another step I am supposed to do? I followed the steps a few times and still nothing.

fisch2481

Reaction score
Rooting? Make sure usb debugging is checked. Settings-applications-development. If it is make sure the Motorola drivers are installed on your computer.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I have the drivers installed usb debugging is checked. with phone off I pressed down volume and power button and entered Fast boot flash mode opened the rooting program selected #2 USB is charge mode only I am at the Dameon running successfully and it is just sitting there.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure (like 99.999%) that the ROOT process does not use AP FASTBOOT mode on the phone. You should just have the phone powered on and connected via USB and DEBUGGING mode enabled. The AP Fastboot mode is for the stock system flash. After it is flashed it reboots the phone and powers it up in normal mode before starting the ROOT process.

Try just connecting the phone to USB while it is powered on (not in AP Fastboot mode).

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Thanks that worked but that was odd since I did that the first time and it didn't work thanks again.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
How do I get the OTA now that I am rooted and forever rooted.

W

whotheheck

i try and try and try i follow the steps yall r told on this fourm and yet it still does nothing after daemon starts succesfully please help...

Last edited by a moderator:

useltonm

Reaction score
Are you on .905? Or on the ICS leak? Do you have the latest drivers on your pc? Do you have usb debugging checked? Do you have unknown sources checked? What steps have you taken to try to obtain root? If you let us know what you've done, we can give you an idea of what you should try next.

i try and try and try i follow the steps yall r told on this fourm and yet it still does nothing after daemon starts succesfully please help...

useltonm

Reaction score
And you are correct. Root does not use fastboot if you're using a one-click tool. The phone must be powered on normally.

I'm pretty sure (like 99.999%) that the ROOT process does not use AP FASTBOOT mode on the phone. You should just have the phone powered on and connected via USB and DEBUGGING mode enabled. The AP Fastboot mode is for the stock system flash. After it is flashed it reboots the phone and powers it up in normal mode before starting the ROOT process.

Try just connecting the phone to USB while it is powered on (not in AP Fastboot mode).

kaeowyn

Reaction score
Same problem. Tried everything. Not working.

Tried Razrs-Edge and Motohelper method. Installed latest drivers. Have phone in debugging mode. MTP Checked. Allowed Unknown sources. Tried it on Windows 8 64bit and Windows 7 32 bit. Motohelper says Rooting...then nothing. Razrs edge says waiting for device...then nothing. Do not see ADB in device manager unless I boot in Safety Recovery mode and connect phone. Rooted all my previous droids without any problems...

Trying to back up phone to make image and transfer to replacement bionic I received. Wouldn't need to root if there was a way to make a complete backup without rooting.

Sigh

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Tried Razrs-Edge and Motohelper method. Installed latest drivers. Have phone in debugging mode. MTP Checked. Allowed Unknown sources. Tried it on Windows 8 64bit and Windows 7 32 bit. Motohelper says Rooting...then nothing. Razrs edge says waiting for device...then nothing. Do not see ADB in device manager unless I boot in Safety Recovery mode and connect phone. Rooted all my previous droids without any problems...

Trying to back up phone to make image and transfer to replacement bionic I received. Wouldn't need to root if there was a way to make a complete backup without rooting.

Sigh

Just search for a video on YouTube for Droid bionic root and it should be the first video. It refers you to droidrazorroot.com.

kaeowyn

Reaction score
Just search for a video on YouTube for Droid bionic root and it should be the first video. It refers you to droidrazorroot.com.
Thanks for the reply... but the videos just show you the steps to take. I'm not new to rooting, the process is always stuck at 'Waiting for Device' or 'Daemon Started'.

Guess I will just build the new phone from scratch. Maybe a custom rom.

player52

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... but the videos just show you the steps to take. I'm not new to rooting, the process is always stuck at 'Waiting for Device' or 'Daemon Started'. Guess I will just build the new phone from scratch. Maybe a custom rom.

im having the same problem as you.

i got a replacement phone and i haven't been able to root for for the last 3 weeks ive tried everything but still stuck at "waiting for device"

the one time it got past that it was stuck on deamon tools started for almost 35 minutes without anything happening.

ive tried everything drivers,usb debugging,usb cable,etc.. im no newbie to rooting nor flashing roms i know what im doing except this time i have no clue whats going on