Direct Dial Widget Ambiguity

otth2oskier

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsubg Galaxy S5
The direct dial widgets are nice, but, if I have a contact that has multiple phone numbers and the direct dial widgets are identical. My old Nexus S would overlay the word Home or Mobile on the widget.

Is there any way, other than creating a contact for each number, which would be really bad, to differentiate the widgets.

if you use a 3rd party launcher (like Nova), among many other benefits, it allows you to rename the homescreen shortcuts, so you can call it whatever you want. I'm not sure of a way to do this with the stock launcher.

Reactions: cr6
I've never used this, it allows you to dial from a widget? That will be super useful. Is this an app you have to install?

I've never used this, it allows you to dial from a widget? That will be super useful. Is this an app you have to install?
You don't need a separate app, they're Widgets/shortcuts that come with the stock dialer app. There are 3 kinds: "Contact", "Direct Dial" and "Direct Message". When you add one of them to a homescreen, it will prompt you for the contact you want it to represent, then you can just click it to initiate a call, txt msg, or just open the contact card (depending on which kind of shortcut you picked).

Reactions: cr6
Back