Droid 1 custom bootloader logos to replace Motorola logo

My brain is a little fried right now trying , i will most likely start hashing away on it tomorrow.

MakeCG42FromBMP.pl monster.bmpOtherwise, your command line would be:

perl MakeCG42FromBMP.pl monster.bmp
The script would then output a file named monster.bmp.CG42.smg that would be a "code group 42" file that's ready to be used in your SBF.

Ok, I can now successfully do a facepalm! Like I said, it was a noob issue I was having. I was trying to run the command from the C:\, not the c:\scripts where the script was. Once I put the path in there, amazingly enough, I see the "FISH1552.bmp.CG42.smg" file. So basically, I have the CG42. Now I just need ot figure out how to get the other file combined with it.

MakeCG42FromBMP.pl monster.bmpOtherwise, your command line would be:

perl MakeCG42FromBMP.pl monster.bmp
The script would then output a file named monster.bmp.CG42.smg that would be a "code group 42" file that's ready to be used in your SBF.

Ok, I can now successfully do a facepalm! Like I said, it was a noob issue I was having. I was trying to run the command from the C:\, not the c:\scripts where the script was. Once I put the path in there, amazingly enough, I see the "FISH1552.bmp.CG42.smg" file. So basically, I have the CG42. Now I just need ot figure out how to get the other file combined with it.
Via PM I'm leading Jharmon12 through a hacking expedition to get to the point of manually fixing the very minor thing that is wrong with the SBFCodec output file that is making it blow up. If you want to follow along, PM me and I'll copy you as well.

My brain is a little fried right now trying , i will most likely start hashing away on it tomorrow.

Ok I have my second wind, I went to walmart to clear my mind. BRING IT ON!! :D

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

Via PM I'm leading Jharmon12 through a hacking expedition to get to the point of manually fixing the very minor thing that is wrong with the SBFCodec output file that is making it blow up. If you want to follow along, PM me and I'll copy you as well.

Ok, sounds good. That's probably why you were talking about the monster.sbf in the message to me then. LOL Disregard that part of the PM. My guess on the different offsets is in my reply. <crosses fingers>

OK, the "hack SBF Codec's output to see what's wrong with it" topic has moved to it's own topic in a tutorial-in-progress style.

It should be noted that the bootloader image is a 480 x 182 BMP file that only contains what appears in the center band of the screen. The areas above and below that band are filled in automatically.

Has anyone tried making a full screen boot image yet? If so, did it work and how did they do it?

It should be noted that the bootloader image is a 480 x 182 BMP file that only contains what appears in the center band of the screen. The areas above and below that band are filled in automatically.

Has anyone tried making a full screen boot image yet? If so, did it work and how did they do it?

I have accidentle made a boot image 9 pixles too wide and it was royally messed up, the only way to make a full screen boot logo is to completely change the boot loader

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

Any chance someone is savy enough to do this? Would be nice to have a full screen boot image.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Soon to be custom "M" logo?

it seems so complicated to do something so simple...i'm hung up on finding the checksum of the sbf in order to edit the binary....any way my chosen image is below if someone can do it by all means have at it..i think it'd be cool

dude your awesome thanks a trillion it works perfect it looks great too...i hope it spreads..

got another couple questions for the group... does this flash too a file location or an eprom of some sorts and is there a finite number of flashes? also is there a way to stop RSD_Lite from greying out the start button?(RSD 4.6 B.T.W.)it started today when itried flashing a .sbf that had ()'s in the name and now it greys the button until i rename it to something with no spaces or underscores its kinda annoying lol..i'll try an upgrade to 4.7and see if it fixes it...comments are most welcomed

Last edited:
I hate to be a bother,but after my girl saw the boot logo, she wanted her own...another pirate droid theme...so if anyone wants to pack this one to an sbf she'd be really happy

Ok i couldnt sleep last night and i made a few logos, they r just png's but all you have to do is convert them to bmp and your good to go. If you have troubles i can make one for you :)

got another couple questions for the group... does this flash too a file location or an eprom of some sorts and is there a finite number of flashes? also is there a way to stop RSD_Lite from greying out the start button?(RSD 4.6 B.T.W.)it started today when itried flashing a .sbf that had ()'s in the name and now it greys the button until i rename it to something with no spaces or underscores its kinda annoying lol..i'll try an upgrade to 4.7and see if it fixes it...comments are most welcomed

I'm not sure specifically where the boot logo file is stored, but it must be in a protected area of memory as it is not accessible from within Android as far as I know. And you will never change your boot logo image enough to wear out the memory that it's stored in.

As far as your RSD questions go, I also use version 4.6 so I dunno

Back