Droid 2 Global Unboxing PICS

matt192004

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the information but is the 1.2 ghz processor better than the 1ghz processor? I already know it is faster BUT is it a lot faster than the regular droid 2 also is the keyboard any different on droid global
thanks
matt

JBHorner

Reaction score
Congrats SGMD1, I wish if you could help me , I am a droid fan too but I reside in Bombay, India. Could you please guide me on how can I purchase this phone. If need be please send me an email on [email protected] , I will be really greatfull to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Shiv
The Droid 2 Global probably isn't your best option since right now it can only be purchased from Verizon in the USA as far as I know, but if you want just a GSM-capable version (rather than GSM + CDMA) then I would recommend the Motorola Milestone 2, which is probably easier for you to obtain as well, and essentially the exact same phone as the Droid 2, except it uses GSM instead of CDMA so it will work on Indian networks.

Milestone 2 - Android smart phone - WiFi hotspot connectivity - Overview - Motorola Western Europe
Actually, Mumbai has a developed CDMA network. Whether or not the carrier will allow the phone on the network is another story altogether. Also, India's 3G is just now starting to roll out, so it's probably best to see what phones they release with that. My understanding is that Airtel is going to be done in December. Vodaphone some time in Q1 2011. Aircel or another one I think is hoping for November.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Actually, Mumbai has a developed CDMA network. Whether or not the carrier will allow the phone on the network is another story altogether. Also, India's 3G is just now starting to roll out, so it's probably best to see what phones they release with that. My understanding is that Airtel is going to be done in December. Vodaphone some time in Q1 2011. Aircel or another one I think is hoping for November.
I'm about 99.9% sure that this won't work on non-VZW CDMA networks, (unless it is a network that has a roaming alliance with VZW and hence you get charged VZWs international rates.)

msu

Reaction score
I got mine today and I'm digging it. Just hate the home buttons. Miss the way the D1 was laid out.

bmtbandit

Reaction score
just tried the hotspot app, I dont pay for it but it seems to be working. Can anyone else confirm.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
just tried the hotspot app, I dont pay for it but it seems to be working. Can anyone else confirm.
You get a free one or two week trial before they make you cough up the $$

bmtbandit

Reaction score
You get a free one or two week trial before they make you cough up the $$

Well that sucks, I wanted to work on cracking it. Oh well I guess that can wait.

I would think the same method that works fro the D2 would work for this. Im rooted and recovery already.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Im rooted and recovery already.
Ahhh! How did you do this?!? I've tried three different rooting methods with no luck...:mad:

Also if you're rooted why not just use Wireless Tether?

bmtbandit

Reaction score
OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score

bmtbandit

Reaction score
I want infrastructure mode.
Does that work better than ad-hoc? (Sorry I'm a noob but I might be interested in doing that as well)
Tried to post a thread here but was not yet approved. There you go.

DROID 2 Global Already Rooted and Bootstrapped - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Thanks!! Did you use the "on phone" instructions? (I tried the SuperOneClick app with no luck)

Yes the on phone instructions. Infrastructure just has more support plus security. A lot of devices dont support adhoc.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Yes the on phone instructions. Infrastructure just has more support plus security. A lot of devices dont support adhoc.
Oh right on...let me know if you can get that to work, I'd like to have it as well

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for those rooted can we get a system dump from yall.