Droid 3 Tips and Tricks

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Well two days later and I vzw.com is sold out of cases AND batterys. I dont even have screen protectors, because I wanted to buy two things for the discount and all the site has is sp. So, basically, my phone is naked and Im not using protection.

I hope they update their website soon, I was thinking tomorrow.

n8sco

Reaction score
Well two days later and I vzw.com is sold out of cases AND batterys. I dont even have screen protectors, because I wanted to buy two things for the discount and all the site has is sp. So, basically, my phone is naked and Im not using protection.

I hope they update their website soon, I was thinking tomorrow.

Your local verizon store should have them. I bought my case and screen protectors from the one by me first thing saturday morning. They had just gotten them in.

Dhovin

Reaction score
Ill start

Service Menu Still works (Not sure if anyone ever needed to use this anyways)

##PROGRAM

SPC Password: 000000

*Remove Stock Games (NOVA and Lets golf, they take up 250mb+ of Space) unless you want them.

*Extended Battery is worth the money and adds no bulkiness or weight what do ever.

This trick doesn't seem to be working on mine. My wireless connection won't connect and i took it to Verizon, would they change it?

Dhovin

Reaction score
Ended up calling support and they are replacing it. oh well.

militant

Reaction score
I got a badass rubberized hard snap case for 5.99 off amazon. Better than paying 20-30 for a **** one from verizon. Fit's awesome, doesn't add much size at all, doesn't inhibit any keyboard movement, etc.

dazoe

Reaction score
I got a badass rubberized hard snap case for 5.99 off amazon. Better than paying 20-30 for a **** one from verizon. Fit's awesome, doesn't add much size at all, doesn't inhibit any keyboard movement, etc.

Care to share a link? Or is that not allowed?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

JohnDa

Reaction score
If you miss the dedicated camera button...you can use the keyboard "OK" button to take pictures.

solar

Reaction score
On both D1 and D2 you could hit Shift-Alt-Del at the same time to reboot the phone (like windows). The same keys don't seem to work on the D3. has anyone gotten it to work?

Reaction score
If you miss the dedicated camera button...you can use the keyboard "OK" button to take pictures.

Thank you! The only reason I miss the hardware button is for when you are taking pictures of yourself. The FFC isn't neccessarily the camera I want to use for that.

The hardware button was handy when needed, but it was also a pain in the ass because it was hard to press it to get it to snap the photo or start the video.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Just realized this, if you do a quick slide up from the bottom of the screen it will being up your 5 home screens to select from(Like sense and the pinch)

You can achieve the same by pressing the "home" button.

If you are off the middle home screen, pressing home will take you there first so be aware that you may need to press Home twice to bring it up. Don't know if the quick slide up from the bottom works from any screen.

aramos87

Reaction score
yeah the slide up works from any screen, it seems a bit faster in its transition then pressing the home screen also. it could just be me though.

Armchairbear

Reaction score
Not sure if this is new or qualifies as a tip, but I'll give it a go:

Pressing and holding the Volume Up button also turns on the screen if you don't like pressing the power button.

*Edit/update* nevermind, it doesn't work all the time.

Last edited:

jfourman

Reaction score
Not sure if this is new or qualifies as a tip, but I'll give it a go:

Pressing and holding the Volume Up button also turns on the screen if you don't like pressing the power button.

*Edit/update* nevermind, it doesn't work all the time.

I discovered this today myself. It's weird that it worked for awhile and then stopped working...and then started working again. I wonder what makes it work/not work. I like the feature (If it wasn't random).