Droid Maxx HD XT926 HELP!!

Chappy765

Reaction score
So I made the switch back from an iPhone 5 to the Droid Maxx HD XT926. It has been a long time since I have rooted androids and I need some help as a lot has changed. Can anyone give me a link or walk me through how to root this lil bugger? Here are my current specs:

System Version: 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 4.1.1

I would really appreciate any help that you can give. It seems that the world of rooting has changed a lot. Not as easy as jailbreaking is lol.

Thanks in advance...

Chappy

Didn't work

I keep getting 'Fastboot' is not a recognized as an internal or external command

And you did this with your device begin by Rebooting your device, HOLD [Power + Volume Down (-)] at the same time, continue to HOLD through the screen print snapshot, RELEASE when SCREEN IS BLACK. AS SOON AS IT IS BLACK HOLD [Power + Volume Up (+)] at the same time, then SELECT [AP Fastboot] + Volume Up.

Okay, so I got the root and everything. Now when I go to recovery and update from external storage I get asser failed: file_getprop... etc with E:Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted

Now I just get E:Signature not verified. At least it's not an error code. I am going to try and DL the file from another source and try it that way. If nothing, then I will try again in the morning after I sleep a while. Maybe you will have some more input.

Back