Droid Razr has decided to take a hiatus, help!

Capt.Rogerz

Reaction score
Hello all.

I would love to tell you all about my dilemma so minds much greater than mine can give me guidance!

Long story short, I was at work last Sunday when my Razr got down to 10% charge. I plugged it into an outlet the stock charger, however, I did not know this outlet was "dead". I discover that my phone had shut down, so I can changed outlets...and..voila! Nothing. Nothing except a white light, continuously burning. Tried USB port on computer when I got home and the white light flashed, but it won't turn on or charge.

Ordered the factory programming cable and my phone booted up like normal except it shows 5% battery and won't charge. Tried a factory reset and cache wipe...will still boot up with the factory cable but won't charge. My phone also is not recognized by any of my home computers (2 laptops, 1 desktop). I was going to use RSD Lite but like I said, phone not recognized. Connected it to my mothers laptop with factory cable and I got a message from windows that the device is not recognized and driver was not successfully installed, but it does not show up a media drive as usual.

Any hope or should I just count my losses as pony up a new phone? Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You can try connecting to the PC for 5-6 hours. The PC should trickle charge the phone. Make sure the PC does not go into sleep mode as charging will stop. Let us know if that worked for you.