Dropped data connection?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
none of the 3G-only phones are affected by it - it's a "different" network, so to speak

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Yes I know it's a known issue. I was just stating the fact that I was having the same issue as everyone else.
BTW, where did you hear that Moto was sending out a firmware fix via ota (please don't say a Verizon rep told you, they're as reliable as an elevator in an outhouse)?

I guess you just have been talking to all the really dumb ones. But I work at one and experience the very same issues you all do. So I went to my GM for the area and he states the OTA fix is slated for early December. I provided a real, actually did some research response to issues I face along with all the other customers too. I can just keep switching devices but don't. Just hold true people, I have a razr and am going though this with you all.

kcobello

Reaction score
Im finding its more of a Network deal. I have worked at the same place for 20 years and had the same cubicle with concrete outside walls. No matter what phone or what service and I have had ATT, Sprint, Verizon, and all the phones! It was the same. With the DATA plans as of recent they still have trouble connecting with Iphone, Bionic and now the RAZR. Unless they turn up the wattage and make our hair stand on end I think for now you have to accept what you get and find workarounds. I take advantage of WIFI whenever possible and skip the Cellular. If its only cellular, and gettable I use it. If its intermetant I airplane mode on and off and try. If it totally not usable, We have tin cans and string strung up in the offce.:icon_eek:

cmorty72

Reaction score
I guess you just have been talking to all the really dumb ones. But I work at one and experience the very same issues you all do. So I went to my GM for the area and he states the OTA fix is slated for early December. I provided a real, actually did some research response to issues I face along with all the other customers too. I can just keep switching devices but don't. Just hold true people, I have a razr and am going though this with you all.
Yeah maybe.
As far as rumours of OTA's go... I'm a firm believer in something more concrete (perhaps an email from Verizon). Anyone can say this and that, but without any positive proof... meh.

xmguy

Reaction score
none of the 3G-only phones are affected by it - it's a "different" network, so to speak

Yep. It's a modified CDMA system called eHRPD or " evolved High Rate Packet Data". Basically a hand off system for LTE and CDMA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. It's a modified CDMA system called eHRPD or " evolved High Rate Packet Data". Basically a hand off system for LTE and CDMA.

my .02 has always been that eHRPD is the bulk of the issue, even before the Bionic... but what do I know

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My connection was dropping again today with no notice, granted it would come back pretty quick but still annoying. I think this phone might be going back to the store tomorrow, just not sure what I would get instead. Sadly I am leaning towards the Iphone 4S, just for stability right now till these 4G phones get better.

portermac

Reaction score
My connection was dropping again today with no notice, granted it would come back pretty quick but still annoying. I think this phone might be going back to the store tomorrow, just not sure what I would get instead. Sadly I am leaning towards the Iphone 4S, just for stability right now till these 4G phones get better.

They should have the kinks worked out with the update. There is no need for crazy talk. Just give it till the update. If that doesn't fix the 4g problem we all might be doing some crazy talk.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well I bought my phone on the 14th so I only have two weeks. My plan is return this phone then a day later buy the IPhone 4s so I will have the extended return period until January. Then if the update to this phone actually does come out in December and fixes the issues I can return the IPhone and get this again.

portermac

Reaction score
Well I bought my phone on the 14th so I only have two weeks. My plan is return this phone then a day later buy the IPhone 4s so I will have the extended return period until January. Then if the update to this phone actually does come out in December and fixes the issues I can return the IPhone and get this again.

I don't think that plan will work. I think there is only one return and the extendEd return they have been talking about may only be for unactivated phones like for gifts.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well I am returning the Razr flat out, then a day later purchasing the IPhone will be a new sale so that part should work and I will still have one return on the IPhone purchase to be able to get the Razr. But I am not sure on that extended return policy I will have to look at that.

hawaiianbrowneyez

Reaction score
My whole radio dropped like 5 times so far that i have no signal at all in places that i strong signal in, it will be out for like 10 sec then come back up.

portermac

Reaction score
My whole radio dropped like 5 times so far that i have no signal at all in places that i strong signal in, it will be out for like 10 sec then come back up.

Do you use a battery saver app, maybe the one that comes with the phone? If you are using one they will cut data off when sleeping to save battery. Then when you turn on the screen it will turn it back on and will usually take between 5 to 10secs to grab the signal.

oneway

Reaction score
From what i have read and been told by verizon any phone that handles both lte and 3g will have problems until all the towers get upgraded ....switched over