Duplicate texts

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting duplicate texts? I get one with a callback then one without a callback. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my LG Revolution

Is anyone else getting duplicate texts? I get one with a callback then one without a callback. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I use chomp sms. Never seen this.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

I use handcent. But for some reason I get a text with a callback number in it and one without

I'm getting the same issue too. Oddly enough it doesn't happen with every person that texts me. Just some.

I did some googling and there's tons of information out there about it, but didn't find a decent answer on how to fix it.

I'm having the same issue on the Revolution. It seems to be only when other Verizon subscribers send me text. So annoying!!

get this too with handcent. my gf is vzw, but doesn't happen with her. only with some people.. like my boss..

I remember on my droid I had to disable the stock messenger from displaying texts, but I can't seem to find that on my Revolution.

I'm using handcent and I get duplicate texts only on the lock screen.

Weird.

I've had the same thing happen recently... It's only from a few people and I know for sure one is on Verizon. I uninstalled Handcent and installed a messaging app called GO SMS and it's doing the same thing. It also has duplicate in the installed messaging app.

Wow, I'm having the same problem, regardless if it's from a verizon user or not. I am also using Handcent. My daughter and hubby both have the Incredible but I only got duplicates from hubby that had the call back number. My daughter has her CB# disabled so I had hubby disable his and now I'm only getting one msg from him.....I don't know why that's the problem cuz It shouldn't matter as long as I have all my notifications on the stock messaging app disabled.

So just a heads up, as long as the person that's texting you has CB# enabled you'll get duplicate msg's....I hope this prob gets fixed, I don't want to ask everyone that texts me to disable their CB#.

Maybe another mesaaging app is installed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Mine will do it with certain contacts. But I figure it's how their phone is configured so it's not really anything I can do anything about.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

I just noticed this problem today

I am having the same problem, but I just noticed it starting today. I have a Revolution and use Handcent as well. I get the double messages (with CB # in the first) in the stock program too. What gives? There has to be a fix other than wiping and starting again, yes? :icon_eek:

IS it consistent? I randomly get duplicate texts but not on any consistent basis, I assume it's a hiccup in the network.

Back