Eris - verizon pop3 settings

bburgdroid

Reaction score
Trying to get my vzw mail via pop3. What are the servers I'm supposed to use? I've read 110 / 25 as numbers and no ssl. Help pls..... Or supposed to enter a text string? What?

I am able to get my vzw mail by forwarding my vzw mail via fowarding it to gmail and get via there but trying a more direct route. Does it matter which route? Is gmail better or worse than the standard app? Other mail clients work better?

Thx

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to get my vzw mail via pop3. What are the servers I'm supposed to use? I've read 110 / 25 as numbers and no ssl. Help pls..... Or supposed to enter a text string? What?

I am able to get my vzw mail by forwarding my vzw mail via fowarding it to gmail and get via there but trying a more direct route. Does it matter which route? Is gmail better or worse than the standard app? Other mail clients work better?

Thx

I have a Moto Droid and I do not use Verizon for my mail. We have Verizon DSL so my wife does use Verizon for her mail. She does not use a smartphone just one of our Mac's.

Recently, I added an account for her on my MacBook Pro. Then I created her email with the Mac mail client. I do not recall adding anything for ports but I may have forgotten. It was rather simple to set up. I believe I just added Verizon.net, her email address, and chose POP. I may be wrong but I think the setting would be the same no matter what device or client one would choose, especially with POP.

A quick call the the VZW customer service folks may resolve.

Mike

OP
bburgdroid

bburgdroid

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store.

the incoming needs to be: incoming.verizon.net
the outgoing (smtp) needs to be: outgoing.verizon.net

It works!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store.

the incoming needs to be: incoming.verizon.net
the outgoing (smtp) needs to be: outgoing.verizon.net

It works!

Excellent! Hope you enjoy your phone and have lots of fun with it.

Mike