Flash gingervolt

brbal

Reaction score
I've recently rooted my revo 2.3.4 and have been able to tether my WiFi, but I'm stuck on flashing roms. I know u can open the menu by holding power and volume buttons on power up, and I've seen the gingervolt zip file on the net, but I'm not really sure how to backup my entire phone and flash the new ROM. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
No I looked at a few diff ones, wasn't sure which one to use

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
I've done some more research, bout to download ROM manager and see about flashing ginger volt. Does anyone know where the best place to download the ROM is? Confirmed links would be awesome! Lol

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded ROM manager but when it asks me to download clockworkmod recovery from the app it gives me a crazy list of phones to pick from when it says choose your phone.. anyone know which one to pick for the revo? Thanks to anyone that responds

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Do you already have clockwork flashed? If you do, you shouldn't have to do it again. Hopefully someone with a revo will jump in and enlighten us! :D

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
Naw I haven't flashed anything. running the stock ROM, I just have root access

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
Yea I'm 95% sure that this is the link I used to download the root file. It didn't install any clockwork with it that I can tell.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea I'm 95% sure that this is the link I used to download the root file. It didn't install any clockwork with it that I can tell.

Luckily... I just found this out yesterday...
After you use the script to get it rooted and swap it recovery...
And how you get to clockwork recovery... Reboot the phone recovery... It well pop up and ask if you wanna erase everything... use power to say yes... Then it well reboot into clockwork recovery... If you ran that script right

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
Got the flash to work. Now gingervolted

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
Now that I flashed gingerbreak I don't have vcast apps so I can't play Madden, any idea how to get it back? Also lost the system app polaris office. Other than that phone is working well. Definitely running faster than before

OP
brbal

brbal

Reaction score
Fixed it, have Madden back! :) still get soft freezes sometimes with gingervolt ROM. Anyone else have the soft freezes?