For the love of Cyanogenmod, help me!!

Probedroid

Reaction score
Oh boy, I got a good one. I will try to explain:

I attempted to go from Liberty GB 0.8 to CM7. I wiped everything and then I tried to use an all in one installer from a different forum. The installer was to sbf me to stock, then install CM7. But all I ended up with was the Liberty screaming eagle going round and round. So I attempted to SBF back to stock using the RSDlite (I have done this once before with no issues). RSDlite says my phone is connected, but gives me an NA for a name. I have read elsewhere that you can still continue. So I did. It appears to function as it should, but when it comes time for RSDlite to reboot the phone, the phone shuts down, then reboots......back to the liberty eagle. So I stuck...

Someone please help me! I need my D2 back!!

joeshell20

Reaction score
Get into stock recovery and wipe cache. If that doesn't get you able to boot, do a factory reset and wipe cache. If not, plug in your phone to your PC powered off and then power it on. Your phone should come up in bootloader mode. Then you can try to sbf again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

joeshell20

Reaction score
You didn't have to sbf to come from liberty v.8. If you downloaded the all in one monster from tbh. You just have to format the system, data, cache like the instructions say, mount the system. Flash cm7, boot the phone. Go back and wipe cache, then flash the cm7 again. Then flash gapps.

joeshell20

Reaction score
Get into stock recovery and wipe cache. If that doesn't get you able to boot, do a factory reset and wipe cache. If not, plug in your phone to your PC powered off and then power it on. Your phone should come up in bootloader mode. Then you can try to sbf again.

Also, if you can't get your phone to activate, a reboot should get it to work.

OP
P

Probedroid

Reaction score
I did do the monster from tbh. But all I got was a liberty bootloop. That is when I tried to sbf. But still got the bootloop. I did try to do a factory reset, but I got an error, says its missing recovery something or another. I suppose I can do a stock recovery and try to flash cm7 again. And follow your instructions about wiping and flashing again... Thanks Joeshell20!

Last edited:

joeshell20

Reaction score
Anytime you flash a rom it usually tells you to wipe cache and data reset. You should make sure you always fully understand the steps involved and follow them to the letter. Not harping, just friendly advice from experience.

joeshell20

Reaction score
I did do the monster from tbh. But all I got was a liberty bootloop. That is when I tried to sbf. But still got the bootloop. I did try to do a factory reset, but I got an error, says its missing recovery something or another. I suppose I can do a stock recovery and try to flash cm7 again. And follow your instructions about wiping and flashing again... Thanks Joeshell20!

I have tried those flashable sbf......never had good luck with them. As I mentioned, wipe cache after you sbf and do a factory reset.

OP
P

Probedroid

Reaction score
Anytime you flash a rom it usually tells you to wipe cache and data reset. You should make sure you always fully understand the steps involved and follow them to the letter. Not harping, just friendly advice from experience.

And I accept your friendly advice. Thank you. Hopefully I can just get out of this mess.......

joeshell20

Reaction score
You will, just go through it one step at a time. No problem, glad I could point you in the right direction. Good luck.

OP
P

Probedroid

Reaction score
It's all good now, running cyanogenmod, and it's beautiful! Just needed a factory reset (slap upside the head). Thanks for everybody's help!

havens1515

Reaction score
For the record:

1) I love the name of this post. It's amazing that you could think of something so clever in such a stressful time. (I've been stuck in a bootloop for a while before, I was flipping out!)
2) I'm glad you were able to get your phone working.

When I was stuck, I did the same thing. I came to these awesome people for spiritual guidance. They talked me through how to sbf, and got me up and running in about an hour. Just keep the ball rolling and help someone else if the opportunity presents itself. :)