Fpse?

novelli

Reaction score
Can't get it to load any ROMS...I have the BIOS installed but every time i select a ROM it says it had and error and needed to close...also a lot of fc. Haven't really had any since i updated to froyo though. any ideas?

Vinnie981

Reaction score
not understanding what your saying....no offence but please explain alittle more clearly and what is FPSE?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saw this post. Fpse is a playstation emulator. I use it on rooted Froyo and it works fine. There may be a problem with bios or rom files, they may have gotten corrupted. I would try re-downloading a rom or bios file.

Esch88

Reaction score
Hey man, what kinda files are you using? I use fpse on my Xperia play Sony erricson, the method i use is specifically download rar files from websites such as www.coolrom.com, www.roms4droid.com and www.emulator.com i then uncompress them with an app called unrar pro. 9 times out of 10 the file works, this app will cost a small fee however but its well worth it and is relatively efficient at uncompressing rar files...8/10 psx roms you find will be rar...hope i helped and let me know how you get on bro.

Sent from my Xperia play using DroidForums

Khoma15

Reaction score
same problem

Ya I have the samsung fascinate as well and just download FPse and I cant get any roms to launch. Everytime I try the thing force closes. Im kinda new to all of this stuff so I can say that the Bios file I downloaded is - BIOS2 - SCPH1001.BIN and its in my /sdcard/rom file. Not exactly sure what the BIOS file does but anyway, I've downloaded FF7 and a couple of other games from the romfetcher app. And all the reviews I've read on Romfetcher it works fine, I got a Gameboy game from it just fine...so any help would be greatly appreciated. Ill try out Esch88's way and repost if anything changes. Thanks!

Khoma15

Reaction score
So i tried your suggestion Esch88 i downloaded Unrar Pro and downloaded FF7 from Emuparadise, downloaded it on the comp, put it on the phone, unrar'd it and when I click on the rom to load it screen goes blank like its ABOUT to load...then sends me back to my Apps menu. Anyone got any ideas wth im doin wrong?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you have a bad rom file. They usually are downloaded in mulltiple parts and then uncompressed and merged back together. Check your PM in a sec.

Esch88

Reaction score
hmmmm, it could be a number of reasons, it could be the phone model, rom, or maybe u did something wrong on your comp, i didnt use my comp, i can do it strate off my phone, make sure you use wifi of course so u dont get charged for downloads via your 3g pay plan, i also use an anti virus on my phone, there are several different apps on the android market that will screen roms/files before downloading them, i would advise doing this before hand, all i can currently sudgest is try a different rom and do the whole process via your phone, infact your rom that you downloaded my be saved to the wrong file, i would advise downloading an app called astro, its a file manager that is fairly easy to use, maybe your rom isnt even saved to your sd card, some roms wont sync properly if you dont have the emulator saved in the same place as the rom, like i said make sure its a rar file and i would advise using either www.roms4droid.com (hasnt got the greatest selection of psx roms but very reliable) or download an app called rom fetcher playstation, it has a massive range of games but there is a chance that it will be faulty.

let me know how you get on bro, feel free to ask for any more advise.

ps - check out slideme.org and look for yongzh's applications, his apps got banned from the android market but there going for free at this website, check it out while you have a chance.

rego111

Reaction score
Can some 1 help me? I have the xperia play and i downloaded fpse and rom fetcher..i try to dowload games and i cant play any of the games i dlwnload..i read something about a iso and i need the actual game on playstatin to put it on my phone..is there anyway i can download games to my phone and play without having the actual game here at home on playstation? Please help

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure. I use to use Fpse on my Fascinate all the time. I never used rom fetcher so not sure how that works. Game roms need to be in .img format for them to work I believe. If they are in zip format you will need to extract them first with an app like astro file manager.

rego111

Reaction score
i am not sure. I use to use fpse on my fascinate all the time. I never used rom fetcher so not sure how that works. Game roms need to be in .img format for them to work i believe. If they are in zip format you will need to extract them first with an app like astro file manager.

were u able to look up games on fpse? And how do u create or where do u get image files?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
i am not sure. I use to use fpse on my fascinate all the time. I never used rom fetcher so not sure how that works. Game roms need to be in .img format for them to work i believe. If they are in zip format you will need to extract them first with an app like astro file manager.

were u able to look up games on fpse? And how do u create or where do u get image files?

You have to find the Rom files online. Just make sure the site that you are downloading from is virus free. Here is a helpful tool Norton Safe Web, from Symantec
I use to get game roms from romhustler.net. Haven't got any in a couple months though.