From 4.5.605 GB (rooted) to CM 7.1

Venable

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about installing the new CM release. I'm using a rooted DX with the recent 605 update. (I used the MotorolaOneClickRoot application to root the phone.)

I have backups of stock Froyo (rooted) and Gingerbread 602.

Can I just follow the instructions on the wiki page?
Motorola Droid X: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Or are there changes needed for 605 or CM7.1?

Is it sufficient to reinstall the stock Froyo from my backup or should I follow the explicit downgrading procedure here:

Thanks a lot in advance. This would be a first for me so I am (a) a bit nervous and (b) very appreciative of any help.

Hi all,

I am thinking about installing the new CM release. I'm using a rooted DX with the recent 605 update. (I used the MotorolaOneClickRoot application to root the phone.)

I have backups of stock Froyo (rooted) and Gingerbread 602.

Can I just follow the instructions on the wiki page?

Or are there changes needed for 605 or CM7.1?

Is it sufficient to reinstall the stock Froyo from my backup or should I follow the explicit downgrading procedure here:

Thanks a lot in advance. This would be a first for me so I am (a) a bit nervous and (b) very appreciative of any help.

since you are on the .605 kernel you can't downgrade back to Froyo with just a backup, you will need to follow the SBF flashing instructions to get back to the Froyo (.340) kernel. Once you have done that you will be able to flash a Froyo kernel ROM

you can also flash CM4DX GB, which uses the GB kernel, download here: http://www.revnumbers.info/dx.html
download CM4DX Nightly Build 2011-08-28, updates can be found in ROM Toolbox or ROM Manager

Where did you get the cm 7.1 file all I get from rom manager is a blank screen I tried both droid x and droid x 2nd init... I tried the CyanogenMod website and there's nothing there under stable release... Help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Where did you get the cm 7.1 file all I get from rom manager is a blank screen I tried both droid x and droid x 2nd init... I tried the CyanogenMod website and there's nothing there under stable release... Help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I got mine from the ROM toolbox, I have the paid version but I think you can download ROMs using the free one too

I got mine from the ROM toolbox, I have the paid version but I think you can download ROMs using the free one too
I tried gettting it from ROM Manager... and still no go although I heard on a different thread that CM nightly build 118 was actually cm 7.1 according to Gerrit Code Review any ideas if this version has the fm radio on there? Or where I can locate a version that works?

I tried gettting it from ROM Manager... and still no go although I heard on a different thread that CM nightly build 118 was actually cm 7.1 according to Gerrit Code Review any ideas if this version has the fm radio on there? Or where I can locate a version that works?

The official builds still use the Froyo kernel, and the RevNumbers versions are on the GB kernel. I have only tried the RevNumbers versions so I'm not sure how the radio is, sorry

You want the latest RevNumbers build, 20111006

When I go into Rom Manager and then download ROM, the only one I see under Rev Numbers is CM4DX GB 20110928.I'd like to get to 2.3.7. I'm on the GB kernel

When I go into Rom Manager and then download ROM, the only one I see under Rev Numbers is CM4DX GB 20110928.I'd like to get to 2.3.7. I'm on the GB kernel

ROM Manager has not been updated in a while. You want to use ROM Toolbox by jrummy, it has the latest builds in it. The most current now is a 10-21-11 build, which I am currently running.

Back