Gapgate?! Let's hope they fix this quick.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I gotta wonder if it's similar to bend gate in that the overall size of the device is a factor.

If there was something with comparable specs, I'd probably go with it, but I've made the decision to bump up my screen size & I like the functionality of the spen if it works as demoed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The SPen is awesome. I use it all of the time for work. It makes it far more simple to choose cells in documents than with the finger.

I'm stoked about their new screen. Best on the planet right now.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just need you guys to tell me it's gonna be alright. Haha I dropped unlimited data for this phone.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well I am biased towards Samsung having owned the S2, S3, S4, Note 1, Note 3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and now the Galaxy Pro 12.2.

So someone else will have to tell you it will be ok for it to come from an unbiased source lol.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
& I thought I was on the Sammy bandwagon with the galaxy nexus & s4 & recommending other Samsung products to everyone who'll listen...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are going to enjoy the note. By far the note 2 was the best overall phone i have ever owned. I switched to the nexus because, well it's a nexus and is on a different realm as far as phones are concerned. I prefer the clean look as well as swift updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You are going to enjoy the note. By far the note 2 was the best overall phone i have ever owned. I switched to the nexus because, well it's a nexus and is on a different realm as far as phones are concerned. I prefer the clean look as well as swift updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
I was toying with going back to the world of Nexus, but they got me again. Haha

I don't think I'll be disappointed at all & I'm hoping they go good on it if it's a real issue.

Add I said before, the specs alone have me waiting with bated breath for the day I can activate it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm a little hesitant as well about the Note 4 since I think it will be my first SnapDragon phone. All of my Samsung devices are/were Exynos.

My Note 3 is by far the best phone I have ever owned. It is also the first phone I have never had to factory reset because the inevitable lag caught up to it.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I am thinking my case will cover the gap anyway if it is there at release time.
In THIS video, with THIS Note 4, I can't even see the gap and he really tries to get the cards to stick in there. I don't think I've ever slid paper like that along the side of a screen of any device, unless to clean dirt out. If mine has even a slightly larger gap, I still don't think it's something noticeable, especially, like you say, with a case on the device.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, this guy gets it too.

Thanks Android Authority for making me feel better. This is about the way I assumed things stood. Also gives great looks at the device.

Note 4 looks very nice. Going to be a touch decision on deciding which phone to upgrade to.
Also hopefully he and others end up being right that the designed gap will not cause any issues. But if that gap was on previous Samsung devices then should not be a problem as thus far we had not heard any issues about it.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Note 4 looks very nice. Going to be a touch decision on deciding which phone to upgrade to.
Also hopefully he and others end up being right that the designed gap will not cause any issues. But if that gap was on previous Samsung devices then should not be a problem as thus far we had not heard any issues about it.
Yeah, he's the first one to mention that it was actually in the manuals going back to the Note 2. I hadn't heard/read that anywhere else yet. I know enough Note owners on here and in person that I would've heard complaints by now, so I'm not near as paranoid about the issue as I was there for a minute.

Still, like you said before, only time will tell if it becomes an issue down the road.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had my note 2 for 2 years to the day now and no issues with lint or water. But curious if that is true brb let me grab my n2 and a piece of paper.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no gap in my note 2 or at least not large enough to slide anything in it