getting rid of sports alerts

miltk

Reaction score
i've been getting these local sport scores i never signed into. they're verizon/android generated because there's no app that is generating these alerts. i never signed for anything.

how can i get rid of these alerts. they're local based.

maxx...1st generation

Last edited:
Are the alerts from an app? Do you have a sports app on the your phone? Are the scores a notification?

An app would normally be the culprit, however, there is one other possibility. Go to settings - accounts - Google. Under that account you should see ads. You can opt-out of Google's admob if it isn't already.

If that isn't the problem it's likely a free app you installed.

It might be alerts from Google Now. You just would need to opt out of those alerts also.

Google now would be my guess also. Kept getting score updates even though I never asked for them. Gotta open gnow and cancel them.

Sent from my XT1060

Just a heads up on this issue. It would pay to go through all the configuration options of all the major apps you use. When they update options frequently change or sometimes even undo what you origunally set.

thx all. i just opted out of interest based ads, if that's what you mean.

where do i access google now to check on that status? thx

is google now the google+ settings? i just turned of notifications and hangouts. what is "messenger"?

Messenger is your instant messaging app. Go to your accounts and tap on the Google account then look for opting out of ads, (admob).

Back