Gingerbread update keeps failing!!!

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Hi all, as the title says my update keeps failing..I have tried it 3 times and it will successfully download, turn off and when it starts installing (picture of the box dumping on the android) the box will turn into an exclamation point and reboot then show an error message that says the software update has failed.. Please help..I was rooted before then sbfd back to stock..i later rooted it again but when i heard the update was coming i went through the whole process of changing back the logwrapper file and getting rid of superuser. Is there any apps that I should have or shouldnt have on my phone that might be stopping me from getting this update?? the only bloat i uninstalled from stock was nfs shift and thats bc i bought the full version..Any input is appreciated...

That certainly is weird. I would try calling vzw or sbf'ing for good measure.

Hi all, as the title says my update keeps failing..I have tried it 3 times and it will successfully download, turn off and when it starts installing (picture of the box dumping on the android) the box will turn into an exclamation point and reboot then show an error message that says the software update has failed.. Please help..I was rooted before then sbfd back to stock..i later rooted it again but when i heard the update was coming i went through the whole process of changing back the logwrapper file and getting rid of superuser. Is there any apps that I should have or shouldnt have on my phone that might be stopping me from getting this update?? the only bloat i uninstalled from stock was nfs shift and thats bc i bought the fulli version..Any input is appreciated...
Isn't it because you re-root before the upgrade?....i might be wrong but that's my point......9h don't forget...don't freeze any bloatware(any) nor delete any,even nfs shift,all need to be intact,do all of this after the upgrade.

Last edited:
Just sbf. Either that, or you can pull the original logwrapper from a D2G froyo dump and paste it in. Just don't forget to set permissions properly. Permissions are: RW-R-R I believe.

Just sbf. Either that, or you can pull the original logwrapper from a D2G froyo dump and paste it in. Just don't forget to set permissions properly. Permissions are: RW-R-R I believe.

Can you explain how this is done?? and where i would find that info from the dump...

Just went through the exact same thing sbf was the only thing that worked...after sbf update went fine...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Just went through the exact same thing sbf was the only thing that worked...after sbf update went fine...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I was nervous someone would say that..Does anyone know a way I can backup data to all my apps without root? I have so much information in some of my apps and would hate too lose it all..thanks for all the replies

I had the same issue. Tried removing bootloader and all that jazz and nothing.

Did a sbf of 2.4.30 and then applied the update 4.5.607 from another site by clearing everything and then installing.

Had to do *228 2 to reprogram and such.

FINALLY IT WORKS then haha.

Im in the process of updating now..I sbf'ed without data wipe and pulled the update again..fingers crossed!

Well, the best bet would be to make a CWM backup, SBF, update to 4.5.607, root, install CWM, and then restore /data only from CWM's advanced restore menu.

Good to go! I appreciate all the feedback today! After SBFing (NO data wipe afterwards),then updating, I am able to enjoy Gingerbread without losing a single thing on my phone! dancedroid

I plan on it..I heard its the same process as all of the motorola droid phones with gingerbread..is this true?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I plan on it..I heard its the same process as all of the motorola droid phones with gingerbread..is this true?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Yes - the procedure for Droid 3 applies for all current Motorola Gingerbread phones. I have personally tested it on my Droid 2 Global - worked like a charm!

Back