Google Officially Unveils Nexus 6P; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date

Yeah. See!? They charged @cynkrzy. I'm not taking the chance. I'll have enough in my account tomorrow on payday, but I've got bills that will withdrawal on Friday and Saturday, then next friday and others I have to pay manually.

Well, I think what happens is that, even though they don't charge you until it ships, they still do put a hold for that amount on your card temporarily. That's what happened when I almost bought a MXP. They put a hold on my account for the cost of the phone for like 3 days, then it was removed. The customer service rep I talked to said that I wouldn't actually be charged until it shipped.

So, even if they are only putting a hold for that amount on your account, if you don't have the money to back it up, it will still get declined. That's my understanding, at least. My debit card was also declined when attempting to place the order.

I'll keep looking at my account for the next few days. It's not the end of the world, I had the $$$ but still the principle of the thing....

Post #65. They charged me as well but mine shows as a hold not an actual purchase. I bet this is why the debit cards are declining. You can't put holds on them.

The gas station puts a "hold" on my debit card.
Yeah an authorization hold but I think these aren't going in as that. Due to the amounts, > $500. If I had time I'd look at my transaction in the system but I'm on here posting. :)

Holds can definitely be put on debit cards, Motorola put one on mine when I almost bought an MXP for about 3 days and the customer service rep even confirmed that it would be taken off and I wouldn't be charged until shipment. And that was a $504 charge amount.

Either way, I was planning to wait until Christmas to get the phone originally, so I'll stick with that. Especially since we've got a big trip home for Thanksgiving to pay for before then.

Holds can definitely be put on debit cards, Motorola put one on mine when I almost bought an MXP for about 3 days and the customer service rep even confirmed that it would be taken off and I wouldn't be charged until shipment. And that was a $504 charge amount.
Yeah I forgot my old training days since I don't use a debit card at all. This doesn't explain why all your debit cards are declining while my CC transaction went through without any issues. Unless you guys have purchasing limits.

I should probably wait. But the Google fanboy in me is raging now that I got my Project Fi invite. Why does it even matter? It doesn't. I almost feel like an Apple fan now. o_O

Yeah I forgot my old training days since I don't use a debit card at all. This doesn't explain why all your debit cards are declining while my CC transaction went through without any issues. Unless you guys have purchasing limits.

I think even if it is just a hold, if you don't have the funds, it gets rejected.

Yes, absolutely. If you don't have the funds or an overdraft account backing it up, you will get a decline.

**I hope the google transaction lists as a Phone company. I want my 5% cash back. I know Motorola is. I received $15 back when I bought my Moto 360.

Last edited:
Just a cool tidbit for anyone in a jam like me, wanting to get one and worried they will be severely back-ordered by the time you have the money, if you go to order one and your card gets declined like mine, they place your order on hold for 7 days until you update your credit card, or have the funds to pay for it.

So theoretically, I have an order for one out there right now, it is just on hold until I have the cash. Not sure if that will result in me not having to worry about dealing with back-orders, but I figured I'd inform anyone who may want to know!

Back