Google voice on MIUI

Did you finish the setup? Make it to ask every time. I use it everyday works good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I take that back mine is not working
Since new version.

go to settings/programs /call settings and make sure third party access is enabled to allow GV to intercept/make calls.

I have that done with no luck. I think im using 4.22

Did you go into the gv setting and select use gv to make calls? I haven't had a miui build yet that hasn't let me use gv.

im using Gv on this build too and no problem

Got it working I forgot to enable third party.

Has anyone been able to make local calls using google voice on the MIUI rom? I was able to do local calls on other roms (ie; liberty, cm7) but not on this rom. I also saw an IP voice setup in the call settings. I know its for VoIP (i think) but not sure how to set that up....if that what I need to use. Any help/insight would be appreciated :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

There is an odd issue I found the other day when someone asked me about this and I tested it.

For me:

1. Calls initiated by selecting a number from a contact, or via speed dial (stock dialer and third party) work via GV

2. Calls initiated by dialing a number on the dialpad don't work via GV

No idea why, but that was the consistent behavior on my phone.

Simon,

You need to enable "3rd Party" in "Call Settings" and it will give you some functionality, but like Redflea mentioned, GV isn't completely working with MIUI right now.

So I found a work around to use GV for making local calls. DL GV callback from the market as well as GV. Then you can choose from making a call from your phone or GV.

Edit: nvm. Didn't work :( guess I'll keep trying. Btw, I do have the 3rd party app enabled.

So I found a work around to use GV for making local calls. DL GV callback from the market as well as GV. Then you can choose from making a call from your phone or GV.

Edit: nvm. Didn't work :( guess I'll keep trying. Btw, I do have the 3rd party app enabled.

GV will work for local calls...for now you just have to start those calls by selecting a number from a contact or using speed dial, rather than punching the number in.

I finally got it! Apparently I had to select my phone number from my computer browser, even though it was already showing a phone number. Figures it was something stupid like that.

Got it working I forgot to enable third party.

Strange. My thrd party was enabled and it wasn't working. I had to DISABLE it, and now it's working. ??? I'm cornfused. But happy.

Back