Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What steps backwards? Says who?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Not making new shatterproof phones is a backwards step
Not making Moto mods new flagship phones is a backwards steps
Fingerprint readers in screen vs real ones is a backwards step
Making edge to edge screens is a backwards step(more breakable better to have an edge)
And every phone should be waterproof

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not making new shatterproof phones is a backwards step
Not making Moto mods new flagship phones is a backwards steps
Fingerprint readers in screen vs real ones is a backwards step
Making edge to edge screens is a backwards step(more breakable better to have an edge)
And every phone should be waterproof

Many people, myself included, disagree. While I did really like Shattershield most people did not. Too many complained, and it was very expensive so it was discontinued. I don't see that as a step backwards.

I obviously cannot change your opinion. All I can say is that after owning a Z Force, a Z2 Force, a Z3 and a Z4....the Z4 is definitely not a step backwards.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Got an an email for Moto g fast which looks good but only 32 GB ram but has 4000 mAh not bad and is water resistant rear fingerprint might be interesting

Doesn't say if it has nfc I don't think the GS do and it's older snapdragon 655

I want g power with g fast and nfc and 855 snapdragon come on motorala

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
One plus 8 pro looks pretty decent has everything but Moto mods and even ip69 and water resistant

Anybody have one and what do u think

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
One plus 8 pro looks pretty decent has everything but Moto mods and even ip69 and water resistant

Anybody have one and what do u think

Don't have OnePlus 8 pro but do have the 6T and the OnePlus 7 Pro, I switch the 7 Pro off every other week with my Note 10+. I don't have any complaints with OnePlus and was going to get the 8 pro when they get back in stock. One good thing about OnePlus is that they don't charge tax on your purchase and that's a plus in my book.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm a OnePlus fan..plenty of positives ...I've had a few of the older model phones ...I'd even look into the 7 series phones might see a good deal too ..

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just went to Verizon store they sold out of the two one plus 8 pro and haven't gotten any wdgey phones yet
They both have glass backs and require a good case which is a bummer

Any good phones out there without a glass back?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Man tough one on finding a non glass back ...Pixel 4a coming out would be non glass but you have lower specs though they have proven to be solid devices...so you plan on using without a case ? I think that back with a skin will take care of that slippery feel ...what's most important for you in your phone search ?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
1) long battery life prefer Moto mods battery
2) hard to break I drop allot
3) nfc and wifi charging and fast cpu
4) good fingerprint scanner , prefer real button on front
5) no curved screens
6) water proof

Hate to say the iPhone 6e is the closest to my z2 force at this point for look and feel

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
1) long battery life prefer Moto mods battery
2) hard to break I drop allot
3) nfc and wifi charging and fast cpu
4) good fingerprint scanner , prefer real button on front
5) no curved screens
6) water proof

Hate to say the iPhone 6e is the closest to my z2 force at this point for look and feel

None of those exist in one single phone today. You just described the Z2 Force, which is no more. You'll have to make a list of what you "need" and then decide what phones fit that in your budget. Notice I didn't say what you want. No phone will ever have everything you want. So you have to figure out what you need, what you can live with, live without, etc. Like bk said...all premium phones these days will have a glass back. And need a case, or a skin if you want protection. There is no more shatterproof screens, hasn't been for years. If mid-range phones fit your needs, many have plastic or polycarbonate backs.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
None of those exist in one single phone today. You just described the Z2 Force, which is no more. You'll have to make a list of what you "need" and then decide what phones fit that in your budget. Notice I didn't say what you want. No phone will ever have everything you want. So you have to figure out what you need, what you can live with, live without, etc. Like bk said...all premium phones these days will have a glass back. And need a case, or a skin if you want protection. There is no more shatterproof screens, hasn't been for years. If mid-range phones fit your needs, many have plastic or polycarbonate backs.

Must
Wouldn't get a mid range phone
Wouldn't get phone without nfc and wireless charging
Wouldn't get a phone without good battery
Wouldn't get a phone without fingerprint login
----
Want no breakable
Want want no glass back
Want physical fingerprint

----
Prefer waterproof
Prefer no curved screen
Prefer Moto mods option
------------
Closest match one plus 8 pro and Moto edge and I phone se

Still hangin on to z2 force hopping Moto smartens up and makes another phone close to it
Even thought about buying a few more z2 force as backup if I can find them in new or like new condition

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Must
Wouldn't get a mid range phone
Wouldn't get phone without nfc and wireless charging
Wouldn't get a phone without good battery
Wouldn't get a phone without fingerprint login
----
Want no breakable
Want want no glass back
Want physical fingerprint

----
Prefer waterproof
Prefer no curved screen
Prefer Moto mods option
------------
Closest match one plus 8 pro and Moto edge and I phone se

Still hangin on to z2 force hopping Moto smartens up and makes another phone close to it
Even thought about buying a few more z2 force as backup if I can find them in new or like new condition

Good battery you going to get with the OnePlus 8 Pro .. LG V60 or Moto Edge +...Note 10 + ..maybe S20 + ..though I've not looked how they are doing performance wise ..all will tick most boxes ..you won't find any non glass but a good case resolves it...if you want less curve then S20 series would be the way ..I love my Note 10 + don't find it bad for curve...all will be on screen fingerprint though..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, I don't think you are going to find a premium phone without a glass back and with a physical fingerprint button. Those are found in mid-range phones now. If you really want no glass back and physical fingerprint button, it's gonna have to be a mid-range phone. Or get a premium phone and get used to face unlock, or in screen fingerprint scanner and a good case. The iPhone SE checks a lot of those boxes on your list.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yep, I don't think you are going to find a premium phone without a glass back and with a physical fingerprint button. Those are found in mid-range phones now. If you really want no glass back and physical fingerprint button, it's gonna have to be a mid-range phone. Or get a premium phone and get used to face unlock, or in screen fingerprint scanner and a good case. The iPhone SE checks a lot of those boxes, but Face ID only, no fingerprint option at all.

iPhone SE is really a iPhone 8 with faster chip ..so fingerprint will be physical ...no face iD...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
iPhone SE is really a iPhone 8 with faster chip ..so fingerprint will be physical ...no face iD...
Whoops, my mistake! I was thinking of the XR....which is what my kids have. Thanks for the correction.