[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

slimasian

Reaction score
My XT720 Officially Has a Rocket Strapped to Its Back

Just some feedback for Navalynt -- I've installed the JIT compiler (sans Apps2SD and NexTheme), and my lord, my XT720 FLIES now! I've overclocked at 1 Ghz and it is very stable, with Linpack averages consistently between 11-12 mflops. The phone breezes through apps effortlessly; I have friends with the Samsung Vibrant and Droid Incredible, and I would say performance is now pretty comparable to those two handsets.

Brilliant guide, keep up the good work! dancedroid

lovee20002002

Reaction score
hi
when i want go to this adrress cd \sdcard
and tipe # ls
no see app2sd
for run install.sh
plz help me
thanks

progenx

Reaction score
@Navalynt, i've flashed my xt720 to euro rom.

in this version of software, cpu is set to 720MHz
and everything is smoother than 550MHz and HD video has greatly improved
link:
http://rsddownload.motorola.com/dow...0R_UCASHOTBRTLRTCEE_P001_A008_HWp3_1FF.sbf.gz

and the results are tremendously better than stock without overclocking but it works even better with overclocking and JIT compiler only the bad part is that the NexTheme. it doesn't works well with this rom. especially when you go to messaging, it will show error. not sure of other bugs though. i've done another test without NexTheme installed and it works fine.

anyone wanna test it, go ahead.

OP
Navalynt

Navalynt

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback! I'll check out that Euro firmware and see if I can't port a theme for that one as well.

progenx

Reaction score
sure, take your time. btw, are there any other nextheme versions? there are alot of graphics in it but i find it a lil' bit messy. some are hardly to read on.

OP
Navalynt

Navalynt

Reaction score
http://www.***********/file/8CnTlxrT/xt720-optimizer-v2.html

Based on:
STR_U2_01.1E.0_SIGNED_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA039.0R_UCASHOTBRTLRTCEE_P001_A008_HWp3_1FF.sbf

Quick and dirty theme port (NexTheme & Watermark'd hybrid)
Latest MilestoneOverclock.apk installed to /system/app
After theme install dalvik-cache is cleared
build.prop from STR_U2_01.18.2_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA033.0R_USASHLSTBSTARSG_P016_A013_HWp3_1FF.sbf
*This build.prop allows you to see all of the protected market apps

progenx

Reaction score
so, you did it? any screenies for the theme? is it the same?

jakelights

Reaction score
Can you make a theme for korean version please please please?

xt720-optimizer-v2.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Based on:
STR_U2_01.1E.0_SIGNED_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA039.0R_UCASHOTBRTLRTCEE_P001_A008_HWp3_1FF.sbf

Quick and dirty theme port (NexTheme & Watermark'd hybrid)
Latest MilestoneOverclock.apk installed to /system/app
After theme install dalvik-cache is cleared
build.prop from STR_U2_01.18.2_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA033.0R_USASHLSTBSTARSG_P016_A013_HWp3_1FF.sbf
*This build.prop allows you to see all of the protected market apps

OP
Navalynt

Navalynt

Reaction score

It's pretty much the same theme, although there might be some small differences. It was a really quick port job using a script I found on XDA.

@jakelights - I'm willing to post the work I've done so others can benefit but I don't really have the time to do theme porting and much more with this phone or it's variations. I only updated my script and ported the theme today because the SBF above is stock clocked at 720Mhz instead of the 550Mhz my phone came with so I was intrigued to see what I could do with it.

My hope is that you guys take what I started and carry on with it. dancedroid

progenx

Reaction score
yeah! stock 720MHz rocks this device! thanks Navalynt for the script.. will test out the nextheme out soon.

edit:
sorry this comes with launcher pro am i right? how do i remove that launcher?

jakelights

Reaction score
Oh sorry man. Take your time! ;-)
Anyway my review to this is, a really big difference after doing your guide. (Motoroi xt720)

It's pretty much the same theme, although there might be some small differences. It was a really quick port job using a script I found on XDA.

@jakelights - I'm willing to post the work I've done so others can benefit but I don't really have the time to do theme porting and much more with this phone or it's variations. I only updated my script and ported the theme today because the SBF above is stock clocked at 720Mhz instead of the 550Mhz my phone came with so I was intrigued to see what I could do with it.

shinobi

Reaction score
This is a little odd but my software version is newer.
STR_U2_02.18.3

Firmware 2.1 update 1

This was bought from Expansys, phone started in French, so I assume this should be euro rom too. Unless there's more than one, it boots at 550mhz.

@Navalynt, i've flashed my xt720 to euro rom.

in this version of software, cpu is set to 720MHz
and everything is smoother than 550MHz and HD video has greatly improved
link:
http://rsddownload.motorola.com/dow...0R_UCASHOTBRTLRTCEE_P001_A008_HWp3_1FF.sbf.gz

and the results are tremendously better than stock without overclocking but it works even better with overclocking and JIT compiler only the bad part is that the NexTheme. it doesn't works well with this rom. especially when you go to messaging, it will show error. not sure of other bugs though. i've done another test without NexTheme installed and it works fine.

anyone wanna test it, go ahead.

jakelights

Reaction score
Anyway. Can i just change the color of status bar to black like in the theme. Because the theme doeant work on korean version. It stuck on "M".

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using Tapatalk

progenx

Reaction score
the black status bar is a modified theme, the only way to implement is that you need the theme for only the status bar and then flash it to your phone. should be able to do that with adb.