Help Me Make the Change From Rooted D2 to Rooted DX

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
My trusty droid 2 is going on the fritz, digitizer is ghost dialing like crazy, so it is time to make a change. I am going to buy a used Droid X today and I will need help making the switch. Hopefully there is a way to get all of my rooted apps over to the X without too much trouble. I spent hours upon hours adding things like Titanium backup, Team Black Hat stuff, root explorer, ROM manger, Bootstrapper, ect. and really don't know what all I need to bring over to the X and what will work with it?

So, any takers on helping a guy with his first rooted platform change?

leftspin

Reaction score
My trusty droid 2 is going on the fritz, digitizer is ghost dialing like crazy, so it is time to make a change. I am going to buy a used Droid X today and I will need help making the switch. Hopefully there is a way to get all of my rooted apps over to the X without too much trouble. I spent hours upon hours adding things like Titanium backup, Team Black Hat stuff, root explorer, ROM manger, Bootstrapper, ect. and really don't know what all I need to bring over to the X and what will work with it?

So, any takers on helping a guy with his first rooted platform change?

Titanium Backup makes its backups in a folder on the SD card (/mnt/sdcard/TitaniumBackup) so if you put your SD into your new phone you should be able to restore all your app backups once you root and install TiBu. Remember that it's a different device so you can't flash any .zips (ROMs or otherwise) for the Droid 2 on the Droid X. The Droid 2 Bootstrap utility does work for the Droid X as well as all the other apps you mentioned, which you should be able to restore backups of from Titanium, or you could install them from the Play Store

Also, I'd recommend flashing an SBF and then rooting the phone yourself once you get it, even if it's rooted when you buy it, both because it ensures you'll be starting from a totally clean system and because then you'll know how to fix it if you mess anything up further on down the road.