[Help][Rooting]Ok my head hurts

JesseBrown2396

Reaction score
Ok im tired of trying to understand rooting blah blah so on..
I have my DROIDX 2 rooted through gingerbreak.. and everytime I try to find my next step in changing things.. one forum says do this and not that and the other says the opposite..

Do you think someone could tell me exactly what ill need for great success and how to get that great success.. like changing how my phone looks and stuff..

P.S. Yes, I know im a noob! Sorry for being DROID handicapped..

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ

USMC69

Reaction score
If you wanna change the way your phone looks and not superexperienced with it, your best bet is to start with a new home launcher like Adw Launcher or GoLauncher to change layout and icons, they also come with preset themes you can play with. As you learn more, u can try Metamorph and Ninjamorph to change very specific things like your notification icons or boot animations, etc. There are some great howto vids on youtube for that. Best thing to do is experiment with it and learn what works best! Having a rooted phone gives u alot of options to mess around with your phone, and its pretty impossible to brick it, despite what you may have heard. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
JesseBrown2396

JesseBrown2396

Reaction score
Yeah bricking scared me that's mostly why I joined this thread so I could get more straightforward answers. And will do thanks I appreciate it.. wish me luck ill need it haha

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ

OP
JesseBrown2396

JesseBrown2396

Reaction score
Oh and is there any like apps I need to help with all that or anything??

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ

USMC69

Reaction score

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ

Here's an easy one to start with and it's very user friendly:
Type "ADWLauncher" in your market, it's free, and download that. Once it's installed, open it up (it may automatically start). This replaces your default home screen (known as Launcher 2).
So now your home screen will look a bit different, however, now you can customize it to your liking! On your home screen, hit menu and then Preferences...
You will see alot of different settings available to adjust your screen to your liking. Play with that a bit to see what each does. Also, if you long-press on icon on your home screen, including the ones in the dock, it will give a pop-up allowing you to change the icon and/or shortcut to your desired location.

So, in the Market, if you search for Themes, you will find a list of free and paid themes that you can download and install through the Launcher to change the icons and wallpaper all at once... make note of the descriptions that they will work for ADWLauncher. Some themes work with most launcher, but some are specific.

You can also search for Icon Packs in the Market to download to your phone, so that when you long-press your existing icons to change, it will bring up the options of changing them to the icons you downloaded. A great site with thousands of icons to start is Icons & Icon Packs - Download Free PNG Icons | IconsPedia, but of course there are many more out there and even on this site.

So there ya go, give that a shot and see how it goes! dancedroid

OP
JesseBrown2396

JesseBrown2396

Reaction score

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ

Here's an easy one to start with and it's very user friendly:
Type "ADWLauncher" in your market, it's free, and download that. Once it's installed, open it up (it may automatically start). This replaces your default home screen (known as Launcher 2).
So now your home screen will look a bit different, however, now you can customize it to your liking! On your home screen, hit menu and then Preferences...
You will see alot of different settings available to adjust your screen to your liking. Play with that a bit to see what each does. Also, if you long-press on icon on your home screen, including the ones in the dock, it will give a pop-up allowing you to change the icon and/or shortcut to your desired location.

So, in the Market, if you search for Themes, you will find a list of free and paid themes that you can download and install through the Launcher to change the icons and wallpaper all at once... make note of the descriptions that they will work for ADWLauncher. Some themes work with most launcher, but some are specific.

You can also search for Icon Packs in the Market to download to your phone, so that when you long-press your existing icons to change, it will bring up the options of changing them to the icons you downloaded. A great site with thousands of icons to start is Icons & Icon Packs - Download Free PNG Icons | IconsPedia, but of course there are many more out there and even on this site.

So there ya go, give that a shot and see how it goes! dancedroid

Thanks I will try this I have the go launcher at the moment and im playing around with it and if I don't seem to like it ill try it, thanks for the help

J3$$3 BRØWÑ...DRØÎDײ