How do I move pictures from my memory card to my phone?

blueberry_bumblebee

Reaction score
I have an old memory card with 886 pictures and videos, but I have a newer memory card that can hold eight times as much stuff, so I wanted to condense it onto one card and I wouldn't need need to keep switching between cards. I've tried saving them to a new album and it said it would be saved to the phone, but as soon as I took the memory card out to replace it with the new one, everything saved to the memory card is gone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into your apps tray. Select my files. Then tap SD card. Now depending on where your pics are, messaging, downloaded, or if you have a pics folder.... if they're all in onefolder then long press on the folder and select move. Now tap at the top of the screen, I think it says SD card, Select home, then tap internal storage. Then simply press move

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

yaterml

Reaction score
Download ES File Explorer move or make sure all the pictures are on the sdcard not sdcard-ext. Put your new so card in and move all the pictures to sdcard-ext if they are on they aren't on the ext card then they are on the phones internal card not the external. card.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Download ES File Explorer move or make sure all the pictures are on the sdcard not sdcard-ext. Put your new so card in and move all the pictures to sdcard-ext if they are on they aren't on the ext card then they are on the phones internal card not the external. card.

Will es file explorer work if you're not rooted?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

yaterml

Reaction score
Yes you just won't be able to edit, change, copy, or move files in the root folders.

yaterml

Reaction score
Go into your apps tray. Select my files. Then tap SD card. Now depending on where your pics are, messaging, downloaded, or if you have a pics folder.... if they're all in onefolder then long press on the folder and select move. Now tap at the top of the screen, I think it says SD card, Select home, then tap internal storage. Then simply press move

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

I prefer ES File Explorer over the system file explorer, but you could use either.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes you just won't be able to edit, change, copy, or move files in the root folders.

Kewl, next time I'll use that. I learned something today.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

yaterml

Reaction score
Helping every day