How to add BLUR APKS back to GummyJar?

OP
B

budmonster

I found a site with all of the apks from STOCK droid x Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com (are links allowed?) you could try dl'ing one and moving it to the sdcard and using a file manager open it and install. Am I right? this is just based off of general knowledge. I have not tried this personally.

@Tanium: if you flash that file gummyjar will be gone, kind of ruins the whole idea of what were trying to do.

@CHP: great site, but are those apks deodexd? i think they need to be for them to work on gummyjar. im not too knowledgeable with that stuff so someone else would have to chime in.

mavermc

Reaction score
i would like to have the phone/dialer from .340, anyone know how to get that on this rom?

I second this i love using the dial pad to search my contacts, it's the one major thing i've been missing from my Windows mobile phone

Tanium

Reaction score
Just getting grumpy in my old age I guess.
I run all the roms.
Gummy is rocking.
Fast,very few bugs.
No reboot issues.

I just see this on every rom forum.
The devs need to make blur and non blur.

Example.
new post pops up.
Post 1
Smokin blurless rom for you download here.
Post 2
Thanks bro,sweet, can you help me please.
I was adding blur stuff back in because I need it.
something went wrong.
Do you have the zip files and a guide please.

If one was to just stay stock.
Apply a ginger theme.
You would be all set.
Why run a rom that one must rebuild.
Im just a jerk I guess.
Sorry.
I feel these guys need to do each.
I know it would help so many.

k1ng617

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any other roms, besides Apex, that the APKs can be taken off of and used on the GummyJar rom?

Is there deoxed version of stock 2.2.1 out there? Or if someone could explain how to take a an apk from the stock rom and deoxed it to work on GummyJar? Any help would be much appreciated.

I would also like to know =)

OP
B

budmonster

Just getting grumpy in my old age I guess.
I run all the roms.
Gummy is rocking.
Fast,very few bugs.
No reboot issues.

I just see this on every rom forum.
The devs need to make blur and non blur.

Example.
new post pops up.
Post 1
Smokin blurless rom for you download here.
Post 2
Thanks bro,sweet, can you help me please.
I was adding blur stuff back in because I need it.
something went wrong.
Do you have the zip files and a guide please.

If one was to just stay stock.
Apply a ginger theme.
You would be all set.
Why run a rom that one must rebuild.
Im just a jerk I guess.
Sorry.
I feel these guys need to do each.
I know it would help so many.

Your confusing the hell out of me man, re-type that or something. Maybe I'm not understanding? If it's me please tell me?

I'll start over...I don't like stock because there is too much "BLUR", it slows my phone down and a lot of the apps/widgets I don't need. BUTTTTT! There are some Blur apps/widgets that I do want to use.

So I flashed to GummyJar ROM which is a perfect place to start fresh and add the "BLUR" apps/widgets back.

As I repeated, I didn't like the old school camera/video in GummyJar, so I found the BlurCamera.apk update zip and flashed it. I now have the new cam/video. It was simple, that's why I'm trying to do this, I can add things here and there. GJ is very easy to add and remove things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladin

Reaction score
I too just want a few pieces of Blur. Would be cool just to add what you use like on Apex. I have not even heard if that is possible yet on an ASOP rom like Gummy. So please, no more suggestions we flash back to stock. Gummy rocks and we just want to know if we can add back a few blur widgets/apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DThomp

Reaction score
1. You knew this was a blurless rom when you dl'ed it.
2, In just about every case of a blurless rom the devs state up front that it was made that way and to please not ask for it to be put back.

Saying that, if you NEED blur, Darkslide blurry is very good, also there is tranq 3.6.0 I think it is that lets you add or remove as much blur as you want.
These guys put a lot of their spare and not so spare time into these roms and threads like this must infuriate the hell out of them, I know it would me. That's why its good to have so many different choices when it comes to a rom on a phone like this that is not completely unlocked. These things are all unique to each person and as so I would consider custom. So the moral of the story,quit yer *****in about something that was advertised as "STRIPPED DOWN AND BUILT FOR SPEED" and move on to something that suits your phone more to your needs. Flame on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jgmarz

Reaction score
Blur messaging

Is there a way to get the blur messaging app back into gj2.5. it gives me the ability to enlarge the font on all email and mms accounts

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 dthomp. This is why I don't respond to such questions. If you want a blur camera cuz it has 6mp and aosp doesn't, or you don't like how the gallery displays pics, THEN USE A DIFFERENT ROM.

Im sure once obsidian hits full stride, you'll have people asking for blur phone cuz it has pretty colors or something inane.

nmodlin

Reaction score
Last edited:

Paladin

Reaction score
2, In just about every case of a blurless rom the devs state up front that it was made that way and to please not ask for it to be put back.

Saying that, if you NEED blur, Darkslide blurry is very good, also there is tranq 3.6.0 I think it is that lets you add or remove as much blur as you want.
These guys put a lot of their spare and not so spare time into these roms and threads like this must infuriate the hell out of them, I know it would me. That's why its good to have so many different choices when it comes to a rom on a phone like this that is not completely unlocked. These things are all unique to each person and as so I would consider custom. So the moral of the story,quit yer *****in about something that was advertised as "STRIPPED DOWN AND BUILT FOR SPEED" and move on to something that suits your phone more to your needs. Flame on.

I think you need to read more closely...No one is complaining about the rom. We are simply asking if the Blur apks can be installed to add to it. We all flash roms to customize our phones and probably wish that each one had features from some of the others. I would hope no dev feels unappreciated from asking a simple question about how to further evolve the feature set. All part of the process.

nmodlin

Reaction score

I think you need to read more closely...No one is complaining about the rom. We are simply asking if the Blur apks can be installed to add to it. We all flash roms to customize our phones and probably wish that each one had features from some of the others. I would hope no dev feels unappreciated from asking a simple question about how to further evolve the feature set. All part of the process.

Thankyou for the great post. Yes this rom is the best so far and somehow it fixed the issue i have of missing phone calls. the only thing i am missing and would prefer is the dialer from .340 and i reinstalled the blur camera cause it takes much better photos. Also wish i knew how to reinstall visual voicemail that would make my day.

dvader

Reaction score

If people adding or subtracting something from this rom or others, 'infuriates' the authors (or you), then perhaps they should seek anger management classes. Life is much to short to get upset over something trivial like a user wanting a different camera app.

With that said, I find it extremely unlikely that replacing the camera app is going to cause GJ to slow down in any way.
So I don't really see the problem.
Authors like Fab have been so kind as to include scripts for the users to do just this very thing.
It's really all about choice and openness. not "you must run my rom exactly how i built it"
that really kind of goes against the whole spirit of android.

Last edited:

CHP

Reaction score
I found a site with all of the apks from STOCK droid x Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com (are links allowed?) you could try dl'ing one and moving it to the sdcard and using a file manager open it and install. Am I right? this is just based off of general knowledge. I have not tried this personally.

@CHP: great site, but are those apks deodexd? i think they need to be for them to work on gummyjar. im not too knowledgeable with that stuff so someone else would have to chime in.
[/B]

I think they are. there are the .apk files and the .odex files on the site.

Edit: i tried dl'ing one and installing it through a file manager. Did not install... :/
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited: