[How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

The drivers don't install for me. I downloaded the one you gave and it worked, but when I plug my phone it, the last step or whatever doesn't work, it can't find my drivers or something?

Help?

The boot.img that give you temporary access to root the phone doesn't get past the Google logo. I accepted the OTA update first since it wouldn't make a call without the update.

I installed the update before doing this.. but everything seems to be going fine right now. I just unlocked it, now it's rebooting from the root method.

Ok, so superuser app installed from superboot, but I didn't have root access.

To fix this, I powered down the phone, connected to my computer, then booted into the bootloader (vol up + down + pwr). After this I double clicked the install-superboot-windows. The Nexus will then show the Google screen with the lock at the bottom. The screen will hang - leave it be for 2-3 minutes. Pull battery, reboot and you should be good to go.

Everything worked flawlessly. Didn't have to pull battery. It stayed on the Google logo for about 3 minutes, then the screen flashed and went back to the Google logo again, and then the reboot came up normally.

Thanks!

Everything worked flawlessly. Didn't have to pull battery. It stayed on the Google logo for about 3 minutes, then the screen flashed and went back to the Google logo again, and then the reboot came up normally.

Thanks!

Confirm that you actually have superuser status. Try to update the binary via superuser app. If you have success, you're good to go.

Where do I see that at? I don't see it in settings or anything. I have it checked to go into my notification bar though when it's outdated.

Edit- Found it! It worked, loading screen shot.

Last edited:
so it does work... ok cuz people saying it will not work

Back