HTC Incredible bricked?

billydakidd66

Reaction score
I downloaded a bunch rooted apps .. powered down phone and it never came back up.. can get into clockmod and hboot..but that is it. I have no back up...am I screwed? my wife has a incredible and tried to load her backup on mine but say MD5 mismatch...Please help!!!!!what can i do..yes a very big noooob!!!!

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Screwed no. Wish you would of made a back up though. The only way to get you back on a stock rom is with the RUU. Otherwise you can flash a custom rom and get your phone running within a matter of minutes. Lert me know what you want to do and then we can go forward.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually better idea. Get into recovery and wipe data and cache and reboot first. See where that will get you. You will lose all text messages and contacts unless you have the contacts sync'd with google.

OP
billydakidd66

billydakidd66

Reaction score
I will do whatever you think is best and easiest!!!!! I did wipe cache and data and still will just boot in clockmod or hboot..tried factory reset to and nothing... I appreciate the response!! anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot into hboot and post what you see. Also what apps? And are sure didn't try to flash anything else?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
billydakidd66

billydakidd66

Reaction score
flash anything i dont think so.... apps were a dipsplay adjustment and cpu adjustment apps. dont remeber exact names. rebooted phone and and it never came back]

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Format your SD to fat32 and flash this http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/bui...and-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip

Its the official HTC ruu. It will unroot you but you can rerun the tool or flash a recovery very easily.

So cliff notes, fat32, put file on SD renamed to PB31IMG, boot into hboot and let the phone do the rest. Leave it alone until it asks you if you want to reboot.

OP
billydakidd66

billydakidd66

Reaction score
reformated to fat32 and put in on phone.. boot in hboot and it isnt doing anything

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So is it asking you to update or no? Blue status bar in upper right?

OP
billydakidd66

billydakidd66

Reaction score
no. never asks nothing... it checks file in green words and say no image or wrong image