HTCDev.com Unlock

RVC

Reaction score
I got sdk working on my Mac but can not get the token. I saved both files in a folder and tried to get the path correct in terminal but can't figure it out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got sdk working on my Mac but can not get the token. I saved both files in a folder and tried to get the path correct in terminal but can't figure it out.

On Windows, when I made my own folder with the files I couln't get it to work either for some reason, so I made a whole copy of the \platform-tools\ folder and named it "rezound" and just dropped the needed files in there like the unlock.bin file as well as fastboot images. The instructions on HTC Dev seem a bit outdated, fastboot.exe is in the same folder adb.exe now.

mjh68

Reaction score
Well tried the process for the 6th time , using the care package zip from Mr. Smith and still get the invalid token length error. Frankly , at this point I am not even sure what else to try. I will probably wait till I can get use of a 3rd computer and try that. I have tried different usb ports, I get the identifier from the phone just fine. It's just everytime I submit it to htc dev I get the same error. Only thing I can think of is, that in bootloader the date in there is oct 5 , 2011 and that they are just not letting me get the unlock code or something since its after sept 2011 ? Otherwise, I have reread the process and actually at this point have it memorized lol I can't see from my standpoint what I could possibly be doing wrong.

I could understand if I wasn't communicating with the phone or not getting the identifier, but I get it back just fine and its the same number of lines of code as the example . I appreciate all the suggestions and I have read numerous threads , but haven't heard of one person not getting the token so its frustrating .

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well tried the process for the 6th time , using the care package zip from Mr. Smith and still get the invalid token length error. Frankly , at this point I am not even sure what else to try. I will probably wait till I can get use of a 3rd computer and try that. I have tried different usb ports, I get the identifier from the phone just fine. It's just everytime I submit it to htc dev I get the same error. Only thing I can think of is, that in bootloader the date in there is oct 5 , 2011 and that they are just not letting me get the unlock code or something since its after sept 2011 ? Otherwise, I have reread the process and actually at this point have it memorized lol I can't see from my standpoint what I could possibly be doing wrong.

I could understand if I wasn't communicating with the phone or not getting the identifier, but I get it back just fine and its the same number of lines of code as the example . I appreciate all the suggestions and I have read numerous threads , but haven't heard of one person not getting the token so its frustrating .

If ya check the other thread, I posted a pic of my HBOOT screen, with the same date, that date don't mean anything. Try contacting HTC Dev support and see what they have to say, as of right now I'm out of ideas as well and just plain lost lol

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

Just to make sure you're copying from <<<< BEGIN to END >>>> right? If you are, paste the output into notepad. Make sure there aren't any trailing spaces or funky characters at the end of the lines. And if all else fails, contact HTC support as suggested above. Sorry to hear that you're having such a problem.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

You're going to need to run command line for the rest of this. So copy that folder to somewhere easy to get to via command line. Let's say you copied it to /android. After that, pop open your command line. then "cd /android". After that put your phone into the hboot menu(as directed on HTCdev). Then on the command line run "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" . That should generate the key for you. Copy it as specified(from <<<< to >>>>>). Leave your phone in hboot while you wait for your email. copy the .bin file that you receive in your email to the /android directory. Then run the final fastboot command(which escapes me right now) and accept the on screen prompts and you're done.

Try to remember that running on a mac you're not going to use the .exe extension you would in windows, also you don't need the DLL's as you would in windows. Just adb and fastboot(and your pin after you get it)

Volkaru

Reaction score
I know this is going to probably sound like a completely stupid question, but this is both my first smartphone and first time thinking of rooting one. (I have modded multiple other types of devices, but never a phone) So my question is... I know that it says that the warranty gets voided when you perform this. But is there any sort of way to re-instate it? Like if I can completely reverse the root and make the phone stock again, will the warranty be valid again if say, I had to return a faulty device? (I'm on my third rezound, had this one a week and no problems yet, but it's a refurb and I'm very hesitant of something popping up again.) Or if something decides to crap out on the phone internally hardware wise, etc. beyond my control, am I totally boned? Or is there some other service I could get? Like a third-party warranty or something? Thanks in advance for any help for my inquiry!

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
I know this is going to probably sound like a completely stupid question, but this is both my first smartphone and first time thinking of rooting one. (I have modded multiple other types of devices, but never a phone) So my question is... I know that it says that the warranty gets voided when you perform this. But is there any sort of way to re-instate it? Like if I can completely reverse the root and make the phone stock again, will the warranty be valid again if say, I had to return a faulty device? (I'm on my third rezound, had this one a week and no problems yet, but it's a refurb and I'm very hesitant of something popping up again.) Or if something decides to crap out on the phone internally hardware wise, etc. beyond my control, am I totally boned? Or is there some other service I could get? Like a third-party warranty or something? Thanks in advance for any help for my inquiry!

Right now your phone is in a "locked" state. If you unlock it with the HTCDev.com site, it will go until "unlocked" state. There is a way to re-lock it, but that will put it in "re-locked" state. You will never again be able to get it to "locked" state, so VZW will know you voided your warranty.

Of course, if you paid the monthly insurance and your phone happened to go over the side of your friend's boat... You'd have no way of retrieving it and you'd have to put in a warranty claim, pay the $50, and get a replacement.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes, there are ways to undo most if not all of what you do to your phone as long as the proper resources are made available. Reversing everything would technically reinstate the warranty as VZW/HTC most likely wont ever know what you did.

benny3

Reaction score
Just to make sure you're copying from <<<< BEGIN to END >>>> right? If you are, paste the output into notepad. Make sure there aren't any trailing spaces or funky characters at the end of the lines. And if all else fails, contact HTC support as suggested above. Sorry to hear that you're having such a problem.

i had the same problem with my 3d, i was copying to far left or right like one collum it does make a difference

Volkaru

Reaction score
I do have the full device insurance on my plan, so if it does get lost, stolen, etc...I will be able to get a replacement after I fill out the claim and pay the $50, even if the phone was rooted?

Yes, there are ways to undo most if not all of what you do to your phone as long as the proper resources are made available. Reversing everything would technically reinstate the warranty as VZW/HTC most likely wont ever know what you did.

So it is technically possible to make the phone show up as "Locked" again? And not just "Re-Locked", when these files come out? (also, any possible timeframe on how long it takes before a device has these available?) Thank you for putting up with my stupidity and helpfully answering! +1 to both of ya.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have the full device insurance on my plan, so if it does get lost, stolen, etc...I will be able to get a replacement after I fill out the claim and pay the $50, even if the phone was rooted?

So it is technically possible to make the phone show up as "Locked" again? And not just "Re-Locked", when these files come out? (also, any possible timeframe on how long it takes before a device has these available?) Thank you for putting up with my stupidity and helpfully answering! +1 to both of ya.

When you root and unlock your phone, VZW has NO way of knowing, unless you give it to them rooted and unlocked. So if you loose your rooted phone, its gone, VZW had no idea what you did to it.

RVC

Reaction score
You're going to need to run command line for the rest of this. So copy that folder to somewhere easy to get to via command line. Let's say you copied it to /android. After that, pop open your command line. then "cd /android". After that put your phone into the hboot menu(as directed on HTCdev). Then on the command line run "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" . That should generate the key for you. Copy it as specified(from <<<< to >>>>>). Leave your phone in hboot while you wait for your email. copy the .bin file that you receive in your email to the /android directory. Then run the final fastboot command(which escapes me right now) and accept the on screen prompts and you're done.

Try to remember that running on a mac you're not going to use the .exe extension you would in windows, also you don't need the DLL's as you would in windows. Just adb and fastboot(and your pin after you get it)

So do I delete the .exe in my folder prior to running fastboot? I am unfamiliar with putting commands on terminal. I am gonna ask a noob question. The command line is in terminal when I open it, correct? I type CD documents (that's where my folder is) do I have to use backlashes or do I just type in the commands?

mjh68

Reaction score
How do I contact HTC Dev , was looking on their site and couldn't find a way to contact them. I checked the FAQ , but didn't see a support email . Thank you guys for the help. Mr. Smith, yes I checked that I was copying the proper beginning and through the end. I posted my screenshots on the original topic on the Droidforums front page showing my output from the phone and what I pasted into the submit box.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So do I delete the .exe in my folder prior to running fastboot? I am unfamiliar with putting commands on terminal. I am gonna ask a noob question. The command line is in terminal when I open it, correct? I type CD documents (that's where my folder is) do I have to use backlashes or do I just type in the commands?

Sorry what I was getting at is that you can't run a .exe file on a Mac/Linux. So when you type the commands as given you will drop them off. You will never use a backslash on a Mac. Since Mac adopted linux standards, you will use the forward slash. If you have google talk, I can make this a lot easier.