HTC's Peter Chou Gears up for War on Competitors

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
peterchou.jpeg

Amid lower than expected Q4 sales HTC's CEO is not going to shy away from a good fight in 2012. Speaking at the company's year end event Peter said "We are going to make our innovation a big idea, even bigger" because company's like Samsung and Apple "are striking us with Nuclear Weapons."

We'd consider this a declaration of war and the fans of HTC should reap the benefits by seeing some pretty remarkable handsets in 2012. Talk is cheap but HTC is not a company to sit idly by and watch it's competitors run roughshod over them for very long. With the announcement of the Titan II they show they can remain relevant but they need to step up their game to stay competitive in a quickly evolving smartphone market.

This will be an interesting year for customers and manufacturers alike.

via: Phonearena
Source: TheNextWeb

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome, that is what we need, more and more phones at a faster pace. No more having your top of the line phone obsolete in 6 months. Let's make it obsolete in 4 months!

gthotie5

Reaction score
I know people cry all the time about innovation but...Why do you want technology to be held back just so you can be cool and have the best device for a longer time?
We would all be using flip phones if it worked like that.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see more style from HTC, I find their phones very boring... I'm not form over function at all but personally I think they are behind most vendors when it comes to style.

champaned_out

Reaction score
if they want more sales the first thing HTC needs to do is stop putting such weak batteries into their phone

nikecar

Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see more style from HTC, I find their phones very boring... I'm not form over function at all but personally I think they are behind most vendors when it comes to style.

How much style would you like, other than a rectangular device with a screen encompassing a large part of that, and some navigation buttons on the bottom

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know people cry all the time about innovation but...Why do you want technology to be held back just so you can be cool and have the best device for a longer time?
We would all be using flip phones if it worked like that.

Has nothing to do with being cool.

The problem is that when the pace is that rapid, all the emphasis goes to having the latest tech. Not the most stability, not the best support, not actually working the best, etc...

When you have so many phones coming out so quickly, no single phone gets the attention that it actually needs... so you have brand new "top of the line" phones that cost an arm and a leg, and can't keep a signal, or reboot on you without warning, or have a volume issue, or any of the other of a long list of bugs that have plagued Android phones since the beginning.

And when it comes to new versions of the OS, having so many phones coming out so quickly means that it takes forever to get an update from the carrier, or, you often find that your 12 month old phone isn't even on the list for the upgrade because the manufacturer decided to only update 15 of the 30 phones that it made that year...

So like I said, it has nothing to do with being cool. I am all for innovation and pushing things forward, but I would rather have a phone that works CORRECTLY, than one that has a superior spec sheet but doesn't run for crap half the time...