Im in serious trouble please help!!

ryancoleman

Reaction score
I tried flashing angel but it kept aborting the installationc. Gave up to try again later but I couldnt send any texts so I turned my phone off and back on. When it got past the motorola symol it went to a dos-like screen that says bootloader do.11 battery ok ok to program connect usb data cable. Im in over my head here and dont know what to do. Please help

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
What type of phone do you have. I am assuming you have a droid 2 global. If not you will have Ro sbf. If so then do a battery pull. Open your keyboard and press the x and power at the same time. It will boot to a screenwith an android and a ? Mark in a triangle. Hit the sopyglass on you physical keyboard and it will bring up an options menu. Whith the volume rockers chose wipe data/factory reset (then press the camera button to choose), when that is done select wipe cache and then reboot. If this does not help you will have to sbf. Just google sbf for droid 2 global and you should find everything you need. T

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
Well that screen is how you flash sbf using rsdlite. So if you do a battery pull you get taken to the bootloader? If so its not a big deal just download rsdlite and the latest sbf and reflash phone and you will be fine. I will get the link for that stuff and edit my post.
***here is the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/147264-official-2-4-330-d2g-sbf-tbh.html ***

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Well that screen is how you flash sbf using rsdlite. So if you do a battery pull you get taken to the bootloader? If so its not a big deal just download rsdlite and the latest sbf and reflash phone and you will be fine. I will get the link for that stuff and edit my post.
***here is the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/147264-official-2-4-330-d2g-sbf-tbh.html ***

Just make sure to follow the directions carefully.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I checked out that link, but I dont have and I dont know anything about rsdlite

Here is an in depth tutorial as well as everything you need.
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...id-2-global-sbf-file-2-4-29-full-rsdlite.html

This will bring you to out of the box settings. Make.sure you have all the drivers (moto drivers in the link and phone drivers your computer should find when you plug your phone in bootloader.) I will keep an eye on this so if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Just read the link carefully and you should be ok

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys, my D2G was the only internet connection i had for my computer at the house(i live out in the middle of nowhere). i have already talked to verizon and they are sending me another phone since ive only had it 14 days (kinda sad ive already bricked it huh?). it was to late for them to ship it so i wont get it til monday. im going to try and sbf anyway, just for the experience. what i dont understand is why sometimes when i turn the phone on it will go to the bootloader screen and occasionally it opens to the custom recovery screen. twice it has actually made through to the little android i have to touch the android and register my gmail account. then it restored my conacts but i couldn't send or receive texts but i could still call. but when i tried my browser it rebooted itself back to the bootloader screen. ill try the sbf when i can get access to the net. thanks again

wildbill86

Reaction score
If you don't get it sbf'd, verizon can charge you full price for the rooted phone you send back in. should have sbf'd first.

Sent from my rooted D2G

tommyg562000

Reaction score
If you don't get it sbf'd, verizon can charge you full price for the rooted phone you send back in. should have sbf'd first.

Sent from my rooted D2G

Definetely. If the phone still sometimes boots like u say it does, then u really need to sbf it badly. Vzw will have no problem charging u $500 if the boot it and see that its rooted and romed. Get it done son!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
seems i have a problem then. i cant afford that and it seems i need something newer than windows xp on my computer. i think i might be screwed. im such an idiot. ill see what i can do but im not very confident in my ability here. if i cant get it done and they try to charge ill just have to send them back the phone. my wife is so pissed. it really sucks because ill be heading to afghanistan for a year and i was gonna use this phone.

joeyx2

Reaction score
Do u have ur usb cable hooked up or anything plug up for that matter. If ur usb is connected to computer I know it brings the bootloader up automatically. Also can't someone send the file he needs to an email (say ur wife/friend/family's gmail account) to there phone then u can save it to sd card and put in ur phone.
I have windows xp and I can sbf using rsd lite

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
my wifes phone doesnt have that capability. i can try it but i cant get into anythin on the phone now except that bootloader screen and normal recovery. if verizon turns on the phone and sees the bootloader screen will they automatically know i tried flashing a custom rom?

joeyx2

Reaction score
No, its the custom recovery that gives it away. If it goes to ur normal recovery it still doesn't mean they wont find out. There is a file in system called hijack or something like that, that will give it away that u have tried to root. Have u tried wiping data/cache from normal recovery or if there's a factory reset (haven't looked at factory recovery in a long time)

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
yeah i have wiped everything i can, factory reset, cache, cache partition, dalvik. it doesnt seem to have done any good except i havent seen custom recovery or normal phone since. if i can ever get throiugh this i wont attempt things above my head again. i dont remember where but it was on this forum, someone said verizon doesnt check for root on warranty replacement, just physical damage and if it powers on. i dont know if that true or not but i hope so.