Inverted Calendar

GLD check this one, I don't have the black text issue.

Just change to .apk and push to system/app, change permissions...yada, yada

Tallica, thank you! I'll check it out and let you know.

UPDATE: After making a backup, I tried Tallica's attached Calendar.apk and it's actually the very first one that was posted in the summer, which had a big white "+" sign at the top of the calendar page. The one I have fixed that problem, but apparently the All day event text was forgotten. I'm going to try to follow the steps ecsnead gave me in my PM and see if I can fix the text in the original unthemed version of the calendar and if I'm successful, I'll post the fixed version, themed and unthemed (it may be later this afternoon or evening, though, before I'm able to focus on that).

Last edited:
GLD check this one, I don't have the black text issue.

Just change to .apk and push to system/app, change permissions...yada, yada

Tallica, thank you! I'll check it out and let you know.

UPDATE: After making a backup, I tried Tallica's attached Calendar.apk and it's actually the very first one that was posted in the summer, which had a big white "+" sign at the top of the calendar page. The one I have fixed that problem, but apparently the All day event text was forgotten. I'm going to try to follow the steps ecsnead gave me in my PM and see if I can fix the text in the original unthemed version of the calendar and if I'm successful, I'll post the fixed version, themed and unthemed (it may be later this afternoon or evening, though, before I'm able to focus on that).

Wow didn't know it was that old, and I figured out what the .png across the top is. It seems that the calendar.apk is calling for the status_bar_custom_close_onwhatever.png from the framework (for a reason that totally eludes me), all I did was change the .png in the frame work to a transparent one and bingo, all set. Need this updated to the newest version of the app though. :D

Wow didn't know it was that old, and I figured out what the .png across the top is. It seems that the calendar.apk is calling for the status_bar_custom_close_onwhatever.png from the framework (for a reason that totally eludes me), all I did was change the .png in the frame work to a transparent one and bingo, all set. Need this updated to the newest version of the app though. :D

Actually, I don't think the apk itself has been updated by Google, so it was just the inversion process that resulted in the "+" sign at the top, which was then fixed. With the transparent png, what do you have at the top now? Would you post a screenshot?

23874d1293729037-inverted-calendar-cap2010123011481.jpg

I've had it completely transparent before, but this is the best I could make it right now. I think it has to do with the Rom/Theme.

I've attached the .png named to the file in the framework.

Edit: gues the name didn't come out. The file to replace is: status_bar_close_on_cust.9

Last edited:
Looks like an image but with an edited .9.png with no guides (the background I mean)

What PNG is trying to be editted??... :)

Tallica.. look thru your framework for an image with that picture in it.. you know whay I mean? That stretched out wifi signal looking thing there in the top center in the background.

:)===========:)

Tallica.. look thru your framework for an image with that picture in it.. you know whay I mean? That stretched out wifi signal looking thing there in the top center in the background.

Thanks xkape, I will when I get a chance:)

Okay, guys, I tried several times to edit "edit_event_all_day_label" in the edit_event.xml within the layout folder of the unthemed version of the Inverted Calendar (the one from September, which doesn't have the large white "+" sign issue, but does have the black on black text for All day event in the new event screen). The editing and repacking went fine, but it won't open when I install it in /system/app.

Therefore, I'm attaching the original unthemed Inverted Calendar that I didn't have any luck editing, in the hopes that someone else will. Of course, this won't be necessary if Tallica can get his transparent background .9 png working right.

(This is just the apk, with the .apk extension renamed to .zip.)

Last edited:
GLD, try these... hopefully one will work, they are zips...

You can try it just to see, I am glad it worked....

Back