Lithium NG (next generation) v0.0.5

can someone explain what lithium is all about? is it feature heavy like UD or CM, or lightweight and speedy like LFY or CVPCS?

I would put it in the latter category. I have been very impressed so far.

hey, anyone know how to use the "goodies" ive downloaded them and flashed them but dont know how to use them from there. any help?

The 1ghz kernel was an option when installing the rom in Rom Manager.

It's definitely on the light weight and speedy end. I'm really impressed that w/ the phone OC'ed the battery really hasn't been impacted at all.

Is there any way we can get a link to d/l the rom bc ROM mgr is taking forever. :-/

The only reason I installed Rom Manager was for this one, it's only available on RM right now.

I have Rom Mgr installed and im trying to d/l NG 0.0.5 now. I just hate the long effin process of rom mgr, BUT, its installed now and I am definitely enjoying it. My phone has been on(standby mostly with an email or two and a few texts, and Titanium did run its 3 scheduled backups this am) and my battery is ONLY at 90% after 6 hours!!! AMAZING!!
I will further test while at work today to see what my actual usage is though.

Also, I am having the same issues as a few other people about the "coverage"/reception bars dropping off periodically. Anyone know why this happens or have a fix?

Last edited:
I haven't noticed the cell reception dropping off at all but here's something a bit odd my wife discovered today - if I send a text that's over 1 page, the second page shows up as characters only....like "&^%*(;:)#@"...anyone notice that or have a fix? Using stock SMS program, stock LMNG...

nate

Is there any way we can get a link to d/l the rom bc ROM mgr is taking forever. :-/

The only reason I installed Rom Manager was for this one, it's only available on RM right now.

I have Rom Mgr installed and im trying to d/l NG 0.0.5 now. I just hate the long effin process of rom mgr, BUT, its installed now and I am definitely enjoying it. My phone has been on(standby mostly with an email or two and a few texts, and Titanium did run its 3 scheduled backups this am) and my battery is ONLY at 90% after 6 hours!!! AMAZING!!
I will further test while at work today to see what my actual usage is though.

Also, I am having the same issues as a few other people about the "coverage"/reception bars dropping off periodically. Anyone know why this happens or have a fix?

Yeah, I waited until I was home and on WiFi before I installed it.

I agree, I'm having great battery life, I really only have to charge it once a day after moderate use and the battery rarely goes below 40%. Though I'm not having the problem with the reception bars.

Also, what kernels will work with this? I've tried 2 of Chevy's and I keep getting boot looped. At least, that's what I'd call it. Phone will start up normal and go through load up, get to homescreen for a few seconds and then reboot...any ideas?

nate

It comes with it's own great Kernel.

Also, what kernels will work with this? I've tried 2 of Chevy's and I keep getting boot looped. At least, that's what I'd call it. Phone will start up normal and go through load up, get to homescreen for a few seconds and then reboot...any ideas?

nate

It comes with it's own great Kernel.

nate

I keep having heat problems with the stock one....and I like to tinker with every possible thing I can!!

nate

I've had good luck with P3 kernels as well as the JDLFG kernels for LithMod.

I feel like the JDLFG kernels run a little better, but it may just be personal preference.

Google either of the kernels with LithMod and go from there!

Just updated to this version of lithiummod and was wondering how to restore everything from before - there used to be a goodies area that would allow you to do that in the older version and I tried downloading the script from rom mngr and typing rstdroid in the terminal emulator that comes in the "dev tools" but it wouldn't work - any thoughts?

Love this ROM! Absolutely zero issues! Fast, stable, and good-looking. Waiting for more themes. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back