Lollipop ota update issue

juancruz51

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-i545
My phone was rooted and then this morning when I woke up the first of the two OTA updates came in and installed. The first one installed with no issues, but the second one failed with a 402 error. I understand it failed because I still have the custom unlock keypad when my phone starts up. When I try to log into SuperSU, I cannot because it seems I do not have root anymore. I originally rooted using towelroot, but now that is not working now. I was just curious if anyone one had any tips on what I should do to remove the custom screen. I don't care about keeping the root anymore. I just want to upgrade my phone because I am giving it to someone in a couple weeks. I don't need any data on the phone, everything I need is backed up. I have attached a shot of my about phone screen. I have a verizon samsung s4. Any thoughts?

I tried to search for some other threads but it seems they were for older versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-04-17-06-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-04-17-06-55.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 194
Doing an FDR will/should remove root and allow you to take the second part of the update. Just backup and photos or contacts you want to keep

Note 4Tified

If @Miller6386 suggestion doesn't work..Let me know! I have the older ODIN flash image to repair it to just before lollipop udate! ;)

Also..this coild also help me!! I am looking to grab the no-wipe .tar.md5 images if your interested in helping?!?!! ;)

Back