Mail, Messaging and Text Won't Open

brattenheimer

Reaction score
This has been happening for the past couple of days - every time I try to open my Mail, Messaging or Text apps to check or compose, they start to open then crash almost instantly. Weirdly enough, I can access texts from people in my shortcuts, clearly that's not efficient.

Any recos? Thanks!

Try going to Settings>Applications, finding each of the apps that's giving you trouble and clearing their data&cache and force closing them. The reopen them and see if they'll function normally

Force Stop and Clearing....

...a good suggestion, but still not working.

So bizarre. Seems like it's just the Motorola messaging widgets/apps that are problematic. For example, my Gmail app works perfectly.

And for texts:
- If I go through my contacts book to text someone, that works most of the time
- That app goes along farther in the opening process to where I can actually see the list of text messages. If I'm fast enough and click-hold on one, that message will actually open and I can read/reply to it
- All of my incoming texts show up 4 to 9 times in a row

Bizarre things are afoot!

Well, you probably won't want to, but I'd recommend trying a factory data reset at this point. This will erase all your apps/contacts/texts/settings so backup whatever you don't want to have to do a bunch of work to restore.

You can find the option for it in Settings>About Phone>Factory Reset or something like that.

Well, you probably won't want to, but I'd recommend trying a factory data reset at this point. This will erase all your apps/contacts/texts/settings so backup whatever you don't want to have to do a bunch of work to restore.

You can find the option for it in Settings>About Phone>Factory Reset or something like that.

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping not to have to do this, but I backed everything up. Let's see if this will work! I'm hoping this will get me through a couple more weeks until I finally go out and buy a Galaxy S III.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work since it's basically giving you a fresh start like it's a brand new phone

Back