Market Problems

JRogers1978

Reaction score
I've got version 10 installed and I'm having some problems with the Market.

First off, the market is version 2.2. 11 and won't update to whatever the latest is. I have tried the usual, cleared data and rebooted, and nothing. I know there's a newer version out but it won't update.

Finally, I have a few apps that I restored with TiBu that are showing in the market with updates yet when I click them I get a message saying something about it not being able to find the app.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had a problem with restoring apps, I had to rewipe and reflash and then they restored second time around. I have a couple apps that don't show up in the market, one being my c:geo for geocaching. I use market enabler to spoof the tmobile network and it shows that app and also my easy tether that vzw removed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I kept the market at version 2.2.11 because it was the newest version of the market that still after installed worked and showed up in the app drawer, newer versions gave constant FC or didn't even show in drawer, so that is why it is on 2.2.11, If you have luck with a newer version than I'm glad to here it and let me know what one and i'll post it, but for me at least it seems as I'm stuck with 2.2.11... Your second problem is something I don't think iv'e ever seen, I thought you were going to say it wouldn't update.. lol.. I would either try to restore the app again, or go into settings>application settings find the app and clear all data for it, and then see if it happens, and it might not hurt to do the same in market.. Idk if you've seen my post about Tbackup, but I personally don't use it, and there are multiple reasons it causes problems on ROMs when you restore data. So if your having problems, the best advice anyone could you is to ditch the problem apps in tbackup or stop using it altogether, but again that is a personal choice, hopefully someone with more experience with tbackup can help you out, but if you have any more issues or need any other help don't hesitate to ask, we appreciate any and all feedback everyone so kindly gives us, thanks for giving the ROM a shot.. :)

I've got version 10 installed and I'm having some problems with the Market.

First off, the market is version 2.2. 11 and won't update to whatever the latest is. I have tried the usual, cleared data and rebooted, and nothing. I know there's a newer version out but it won't update.

Finally, I have a few apps that I restored with TiBu that are showing in the market with updates yet when I click them I get a message saying something about it not being able to find the app.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lol, stupid version and blocking our tether apps... lol

I had a problem with restoring apps, I had to rewipe and reflash and then they restored second time around. I have a couple apps that don't show up in the market, one being my c:geo for geocaching. I use market enabler to spoof the tmobile network and it shows that app and also my easy tether that vzw removed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
Black market shows up but fc every time. Clear data and try again, then accept ToS, and instant fc. I tried the themed market I've previously used from xda, same version, with same results. Ugh

Gonna try disabling sync, clearing data, and reboot.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol, you know who to ask.. ;) I don't know anything about the black market, I don't specialize in that area... lol, I just promote it :)

Black market shows up but fc every time. Clear data and try again, then accept ToS, and instant fc. I tried the themed market I've previously used from xda, same version, with same results. Ugh

Gonna try disabling sync, clearing data, and reboot.

OP
JRogers1978

JRogers1978

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I guess I just assumed that even though the ROM came with an old version of the market, that it would automatically update to the newest. It looks like that's not the case after all.

Woody... great job on the ROM! I was using PE 4.2 but wanted something more up to date since that came out a while back. Gave yours a shot and am glad I did. Runs smooth as butter!

Eitel

Reaction score

In TiBu, have you try the Market Doctor? That should fix it.

DucksDroid

Reaction score
I ran into some problems with Market not being able to find apps when I was trying to update some apps. The web-version of Market said that they were not compatible with my Droid, and then a little pop-up said something about my "content filtering" settings. After I set this to "All" in Market > Settings, and waiting a while, I was able to update the apps.

Now, we are talking about some really racey apps, like "My coffee card" and "Netflix" so be careful about that content setting :icon_eek:

jayman350

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue the past couple of days. I have apps that show up in the market with an available update. When I click on the app I get a popup screen saying that the requested item could not be found. There are 3 or 4 of them that are doing this to me.

I have tried clearing the data for the market and market updater. Neither have fixed the problem. Any ideas?

djakrse

Reaction score
I think it's happening for everyone. One of my buddies has a Tbolt and he came to me with the same issue. It's been happening to me for maybe 1 in 4 updates, so quite annoying, for sure. I even search for the apps on the market and get no results. What common apps has this happened for you? Perhaps they have been removed from the market temporarily or there is some issue.

I've noticed Dolphin Browser HD, Twitter, and Netflix among others.

On a side note, occasionally I have had apps attempt to autoupdate themselves after loading the Market, despite the fact I allow no apps to update automatically. I have double-checked this setting on every app multiple times after repeated offenders. I can usually stop the transfer, but that feature has served no purpose but to frustrate me repeatedly. :angry:

Edit: Coincidence? Twitter just did this to me, downloaded, and failed install (due to /system install) with me unable to stop the transfer or access the app from the Market interface. What is that all about?

Maybe this is an opportunity to request a setting to disable this for all apps in Market? No idea if this is possible outside the Market interface.

PS - I know that neither of these issues is restricted or even related to this rom. My friend's Tbolt is rooted, but has no other customizations to his phone yet. Another friend with a D2 has seen the broken market links as well.

Last edited:

djakrse

Reaction score
I've read that TiBU has a feature to repair market links for your apps, but I don't use it so can't verify this. I'd have to guess it does this based on previously backed up links, but if there's an app which can search and repair these links, that would be useful.

jayman350

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its TiBu's fault. In particular it is happening with Quick Settings and Pulse News. They show up under My Apps, but if I search for them they are no where to be found. When I long press them in TiBu there is no market doctor option, which I believe is b/c they already have the market linked to them (smiley face w/ green M over it)

I wasn't sure if it was me, the rom, or VZW. Its seems to me that its either VZW or google doing something w/ the market since others w/ different phones are having the same problems.

djakrse

Reaction score
Quick Settings is one of the ones I can't find either.

I use MyBackup Pro but didn't use it to restore app data on most apps; just a few literally. The rest of the links were restored through Google's syncing. They just appeared on their own, including ones I installed manually into /system/apps like the inverted apps. In the case of twitter, I had uninstalled the app from the market and copied thebowers' latest 2.0.3 manually to /system. The market link somehow appeared, knowing that the app was installed on my phone. Now how the update automatically option was enabled I have no freaking clue. I don't like anything to update on its own.

I just checked with my wife, and she can find Dolphin HD and Twitter with no problem. She doesn't seem to have this issue at all. Her D1 is stock and current with OTA updates.

Edit: I just had the market link for twitter sent to my phone for dload and it gave the same error. This is frustrating.

Last edited: