MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

Carl2860

Reaction score
Settings-->security&screen lock
I checked and unknown sources is checked-thank you

I did try my wifes RAZR that has JB and my BT in my car works again, I need to get JB installed but came seem to get Leak 215 off, I did nothing else to the phone, I may just have to go back to factory.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I checked and unknown sources is checked-thank you

I did try my wifes RAZR that has JB and my BT in my car works again, I need to get JB installed but came seem to get Leak 215 off, I did nothing else to the phone, I may just have to go back to factory.

Doing a factory data reset, FDR, won't get .215 off your phone. Just try rebooting your phone and try the utility again to revert back to .211.

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com[/URL]
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

Carl, I just read in another thread that someone was getting the "locked" message and the reason was he never extracted Matt's Utility. Just making sure you also extracted the file. See instructions above posted by TisMyDroid.

Carl2860

Reaction score
Carl, I just read in another thread that someone was getting the "locked" message and the reason was he never extracted Matt's Utility. Just making sure you also extracted the file. See instructions above posted by TisMyDroid.

Thank you but I fully extracted the 1.82 zip to a new folder. And GitnFX was right I still have the Leak and can get get rid of it and can not get to JB to fix the problem that has haunted me for the past 6 months. I am not sure what to do at this point.

I went backand put the phone in Fast Ap and ran Matt's 1.82 batch file and selected to restore and it went through and I finally had to setup my phone again but now System Version reflects 6.16.211 instead of the 215, so I hope I am fine now.

Sorry for all the confusion!

Midnight and JB is installed, going to bed, thanks for all the help! "Never take for granted what the screen implies"!

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
Thank you but I fully extracted the 1.82 zip to a new folder. And GitnFX was right I still have the Leak and can get get rid of it and can not get to JB to fix the problem that has haunted me for the past 6 months. I am not sure what to do at this point.

I went backand put the phone in Fast Ap and ran Matt's 1.82 batch file and selected to restore and it went through and I finally had to setup my phone again but now System Version reflects 6.16.211 instead of the 215, so I hope I am fine now.

Sorry for all the confusion!

Midnight and JB is installed, going to bed, thanks for all the help! "Never take for granted what the screen implies"!

Nice feeling to know it all finally worked out..:) Enjoy JB!

sakana

Reaction score
I found my answer in a prior post and downloaded 1.82 and went through the instructions. When I boot up and chose AP Fastmode it tells me the device is LOCKED. Not sure where to go from here HELP:hail:

I know you got it fixed but just wanted to clarify if others get same issue. To the best of my knowledge the locked thing only pertains to the phones bootloader and shouldn't effect weather the utility works. Matt only mentions it in the utility because if your phone happens to be unlocked he wants to exploit it, least im guessing.

7779311mm

Reaction score
Applied the .215 Leak without a hitch...thanks, MattyP, for such simplification. Now I can continue to use PdaNet+ without any interruptions.:icon_ lala:

iveman89

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I am going to try this tomorrow hopefully. I do have some questions. Am I able to revert back to .211 from .215 without having rooted? Are any of the pros on tomorrow to help just incase?

7779311mm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I am going to try this tomorrow hopefully. I do have some questions. Am I able to revert back to .211 from .215 without having rooted? Are any of the pros on tomorrow to help just incase?

Don't know the answer to that question, iveman. But since installed .215 things haven't missed a beat on my device. And Pdanet+ still works as did before.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Yes you can. I don't think you'll run into trouble using matt's utility 1.82 option 1. Are you reverting so that you can update to jelly bean?

iveman89

Reaction score
Yes you can. I don't think you'll run into trouble using matt's utility 1.82 option 1. Are you reverting so that you can update to jelly bean?

I'm going to install .215 to stop the update. I don't plan on switching to JB unless Foxfi works again and I dont want to Root my phone.

EDIT: Did it, went smoothly. Thanks MattyP

Last edited:

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
Trying to get back to .211. After plugging the cord in the phone screen says locked and nothing happens. I extracted the utility to the root C drive and when that didn't work I extracted it to the desktop and tried again. Still nothing. Thanks.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Trying to get back to .211. After plugging the cord in the phone screen says locked and nothing happens. I extracted the utility to the root C drive and when that didn't work I extracted it to the desktop and tried again. Still nothing. Thanks.

What OS version are you on now? And what version of the utility are you using?